• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your Magazine collection.
27 27

8,357 posts in this topic

On 3/10/2022 at 5:18 PM, batmiesta said:
On 3/10/2022 at 4:46 PM, greggy said:

Sigh, it may be time to just get a new scanner

You can afford one. 

As someone eluded to in the scanner thread. (Especially for Greggys volume)

It may be time to work on a prototype double sided scanner as that he could drastically reduce scan time. 

On 3/10/2022 at 5:47 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

As someone eluded to in the scanner thread. (Especially for Greggys volume)

It may be time to work on a prototype double sided scanner as that he could drastically reduce scan time. 

I've never even heard of such a thing.  Sounds awesome.

On 3/10/2022 at 5:56 PM, Randall Dowling said:

I've never even heard of such a thing.  Sounds awesome.

On 3/10/2022 at 6:28 PM, Jayman said:

Legal size is nice for mag and slabs! (thumbsu

IMG_8941.jpg

And what they were referring to is either some of the mobile scanners (that use CCD) mounted inverse of each other so they can image both sides or using two scanners similar to the one above, but removing the lid and using the second as a top that could be lowered to scan both side. 

I too think it is a neat concept.  

On 3/10/2022 at 4:51 PM, OtherEric said:

In today.  This gives me the first 75 issues of the series, including all the Specials that had new material in that period.  Add in a scattering of later issues with various creators or features I want, and I'm calling the project done... although I reserve the right to grab stray later issues as the opportunity presents.

Despite the obvious effort I've put into putting together the run I have, NatLamp remains a book I have very mixed feelings about.  A lot of the humor hasn't aged well or wasn't that funny in the first place.  They also had a tendency that got worse as the title went on to mistake "a willingness to offend to make a point is worth doing" for "being offensive is its own point".

But at its best, the book could be absolutely hilarious and viciously, brilliantly satirical.  Any magazine that had work from Neal Adams, Gahan Wilson, Arnold Roth, Vaughn Bode, Frank Frazetta, Edward Gorey, Barry Windsor-Smith, Nick Cardy, Jeffery Jones, Russ Heath, Bernie Wrightson, and tons more has to command the interest of any comic fan.  And Michael Gross, no matter how he came across in interviews, really was a brilliant designer of the parodies... they may have been offensive and tasteless, but they were never crudely done.

National_Lampoon_1970_04.jpg

National Lampoon were smart👍‼️ They knew a sexy cover issue would sell❤️👏