• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your Magazine collection.
27 27

8,269 posts in this topic

On 4/11/2022 at 9:18 PM, Axe Elf said:

Never heard of or seen those before.  Another little piece of the history...

I only recently found out about them myself.  I knew about Spacemen and Monster World but not this one.

On 4/11/2022 at 6:31 PM, Surfing Alien said:

I gather this is a problem on 37 as well? It's on my must have list but every one I see has crinkling at the spine (from glue shrinkage I assume (shrug))

The square bound books are tough , they can get wrinkled with time, and cause staple issues.

On 4/13/2022 at 7:57 PM, Axe Elf said:

I loved the Conan paperbacks as a kid, and these books (and others that I've seen of the series) pique my interest...

But DAMN YOU ALL for making me interested in more comics!  I thought I was going to be done after EERIE and CREEPY... and then came Vampirella... and The Rook...  and The Goblin...  and 1984/1994...  and now I'm starting to look at things that aren't even Warren!

This can't possibly end well.

Savage Sword came out right in the heart of my childhood collecting period and I was a huge Conan fan. They were more expensive on the stands than comics but me and my friends loved to get them when we could because they were a bit crazier than the comic book. I've picked a few up here and there but recently grabbed a nice #1 to get it out of the way, then these... and... well you're right...this can't possibly end well lol

On 4/13/2022 at 4:57 PM, Axe Elf said:

That's a great cover--a beatnik Vulcan and a couple holding their heads in their hands!  What great "picto-fiction"!

I loved the Conan paperbacks as a kid, and these books (and others that I've seen of the series) pique my interest...

But DAMN YOU ALL for making me interested in more comics!  I thought I was going to be done after EERIE and CREEPY... and then came Vampirella... and The Rook...  and The Goblin...  and 1984/1994...  and now I'm starting to look at things that aren't even Warren!

This can't possibly end well.

Welcome to my nightmare, down the rabbit hole. 🤪

On 4/15/2022 at 3:17 PM, OtherEric said:

And finishing off the run.  Just a wonderful Davis cover, with some nice Severin art inside as well:

Wildest_Westerns_4.jpg

Don't forget to post it in the "yellow covers" thread!  (thumbsu