• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your Magazine collection.
27 27

8,357 posts in this topic

On 4/20/2022 at 9:59 PM, OtherEric said:

Weird_Tales_1936_07.jpg

I have the paperback for Red Nails...  obviously well-read.

...don't remember there being any queers in it, though...

2027588802_ConanRedNails.thumb.jpg.f3a3dccffbb96abef9aa13b64d888a0d.jpg

Edited by Axe Elf

On 4/21/2022 at 4:26 PM, Randall Dowling said:

Don't do it!

...before you do?

:)

On 4/21/2022 at 9:27 PM, Randall Dowling said:

We've never met so I get it.  But I'm not that guy.

I wasn't trying to insinuate anything, I was basically asking "Why shouldn't I do it?"

On 4/21/2022 at 9:38 PM, Randall Dowling said:

I just don't think it's a great deal.  YMMV.

Yeah, it's not a GREAT deal, but at $10.62 per mag, at least you don't have to pay another $5 shipping for each one (it works out to about 21 cents shipping per book), and you save all the time of bargain hunting on every individual issue and tracking down the last few hard to find ones, etc.

So it's a FAIR deal for someone who has none and wants all of them...  but in reality, after the other three series in two months, I'm pretty sure the wife would have a conniption.  She kind of bought the Warrens as an investment, but I don't know that these Conans have the same kind of appreciation potential (and even if they do, I don't believe it strongly enough), and even though I WANT to read them, I also want to read my way through the Warrens, so adding another 200+ books to the reading list right now would be kind of dumb.

So, bottom line, I probly WON'T do it, but it was pretty cool to see a full run just sitting there right after you all convinced me that they were worthwhile.  About the only chance I have is if I have a really good night at the poker table in the next few weeks before someone else buys them...

On 4/21/2022 at 10:52 PM, Axe Elf said:

Yeah, it's not a GREAT deal, but at $10.62 per mag, at least you don't have to pay another $5 shipping for each one (it works out to about 21 cents shipping per book), and you save all the time of bargain hunting on every individual issue and tracking down the last few hard to find ones, etc.

So it's a FAIR deal for someone who has none and wants all of them...  but in reality, after the other three series in two months, I'm pretty sure the wife would have a conniption.  She kind of bought the Warrens as an investment, but I don't know that these Conans have the same kind of appreciation potential (and even if they do, I don't believe it strongly enough), and even though I WANT to read them, I also want to read my way through the Warrens, so adding another 200+ books to the reading list right now would be kind of dumb.

So, bottom line, I probly WON'T do it, but it was pretty cool to see a full run just sitting there right after you all convinced me that they were worthwhile.  About the only chance I have is if I have a really good night at the poker table in the next few weeks before someone else buys them...

If you are happy that’s. All that matters👍‼️

On 4/22/2022 at 9:19 AM, FoggyNelson said:

If you are happy that’s. All that matters👍‼️

Not when you're married.  :)

@Surfing Alien

Wow, those are as nice as my Vampis!

Y'all are gonna laugh when I post my EERIE Gallery...

(...but I can take it.)

Edited by Axe Elf