• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your Magazine collection.
27 27

8,269 posts in this topic

On 6/21/2022 at 12:21 PM, The Lions Den said:

Don't make him angry...  :gossip:

Well, I wasn't actually planning to make an offer, so I doubt if I can insult him with mine.  I was just wondering at what point a fair and reasonable offer intersects with what he would consider an "insulting" offer.

On 6/21/2022 at 3:16 PM, Axe Elf said:

Well, I wasn't actually planning to make an offer, so I doubt if I can insult him with mine.  I was just wondering at what point a fair and reasonable offer intersects with what he would consider an "insulting" offer.

If it were me, I'd expect to get at least two thirds of the asking price...   :whistle:

On 6/21/2022 at 12:16 PM, Axe Elf said:

Man, I paid 60.00 for a CGC 9.0 a few years ago at a show.

Edited by oakman29
Or was it 15 years ago......

On 6/21/2022 at 6:34 PM, oakman29 said:

Man, I paid 60.00 for a CGC 9.0 a few years ago at a show.

And you say *I* find all the good deals...

Sometimes Patience is a virtue...

(Some prefer her sluttier and more attractive cousin Procrastination.)

On 6/21/2022 at 7:44 PM, This is Who We Are said:

Recently acquired this Skywald. Definitely a top 5 cover for me for all horror mags—tells a story for sure and the more you study the artwork, the more the cover gets under your skin

2ABC0748-35C5-40ED-B904-AFFBCF82EE0B.jpeg

That's a pretty looking copy!  Looks better than mine!!  :applause:

On 6/21/2022 at 8:44 PM, This is Who We Are said:

Recently acquired this Skywald. Definitely a top 5 cover for me for all horror mags—tells a story for sure and the more you study the artwork, the more the cover gets under your skin

2ABC0748-35C5-40ED-B904-AFFBCF82EE0B.jpeg

Definitely one of my top 10 Skywald covers! That’s a beauty you got there. :applause:

On 6/21/2022 at 10:22 PM, This is Who We Are said:

Now that is rad!  Never seen that cover before.  Jayman:  King of the Cool Covers:headbang:

I bought that series when it came out back in 85 or so. I have the promo poster for that series which features that cover framed. But I don’t have it currently hanging up. Took it down to hang something else or I’d have taken a picture of it.

On 6/22/2022 at 2:20 AM, Rip said:

A couple of my favorites from some of the magazines I picked up last weekend.

Issue 1 is in the 9.2 range (Very glossy) and issue 2 is in the 9.4 range. Both very tough in grade.

Monster mania.jpg

That all black cover is impossible to find unblemished! Congrats! (worship)