• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your Magazine collection.
27 27

8,269 posts in this topic

On 7/4/2022 at 6:32 PM, OtherMan said:

Ah, so the seller is a shady SOB. They're going on the "Do Not Buy From" list (thumbsu

I've known Dave for many years, and I've always considered him to be a trustworthy person. I don't know how you arrived at your conclusion, but calling him a shady SOB is way off base...    

On 7/5/2022 at 9:56 AM, OtherMan said:

Why is the final price $5? And it didn't start as a private sale... they abused Ebay to complete it.

Super shady.

I'm not sure what the sold price generated by some 3rd party software has to do with the seller. And an item listed on eBay selling elsewhere off eBay isn't shady; cross-listing inventory is practiced by a significant percentage of the major sellers across all eBay categories. Do you refuse to buy from mycomicshop and milehigh? 

Not sure why this is so confusing for you, to avoid any eBay fees, all he would have to do is cancel the ad.

He didn't cancel the ad, he accepted an offer, now how it showed up on some website as $5, I have no idea. Every now and then something on the internet is wrong, I know hard to believe.:news:

Edited by Makmorn

On 7/5/2022 at 11:48 AM, OtherMan said:

Right, so he could keep the Ebay protection while avoiding paying Ebay fees.

I believe it because you're wrong lolThis may be hard for you to believe, but there are websites made specifically for finding out the true BO prices. Watchcount was the best.

Screenshot_20220705-124140_Chrome.thumb.jpg.de3be35d7c8f4eb96fe55d47513d6bea.jpg

Jeez, somebody actually got $76 for a CREEPY 1993 Fearbook?

Maybe if we swap the prices on the Fearbook and the #32, we can all sleep better at night.

I am more curious about these eBay seller protections I keep hearing about, they don't seem to be worth $5 to me.

It does show as a $5 sale in Terapeak, which is in eBay, under research. (seller hub)

Maybe he did it for the cheaper shipping, but PayPal's Shipstation is cheap and the insurance goes over 1k, which eBay shipping does not.

For an $1100 book, I wouldn't use eBay shipping for that reason. I sold an $1800 book on eBay last month, but I used Shipstation for the label.

terapeak.jpg

Edited by Makmorn

On 7/4/2022 at 3:32 PM, OtherMan said:

Ah, so the seller is a shady SOB. They're going on the "Do Not Buy From" list (thumbsu

WHY DOES DAVE'S BUSINESS PRACTICE BOTHER YOU SO MUCH ? - WHY DIDN'T YOU SUBMIT A BID TO BUY THE MAGAZINE ? WHY ARE YOU CARRYING ON ABOUT THINGS THAT DON'T CONCERN YOU ?  This isn’t the kind of forum where we tear each other down.  Dave is a longtime seller, has demonstrated being a person of integrity and has some of the most incredible magazines that can be found.  If you have a problem with him, I would suggest speaking with him directly instead of airing your rants on a forum where he is unable to even defend himself 

On 7/5/2022 at 1:54 PM, This is Who We Are said:

WHY DIDN'T YOU SUBMIT A BID TO BUY THE MAGAZINE ?

If I thought he would accept $5, I would have.

to answer you, “Has he been banned from this Board?? :whatthe:

Nope!  He is just not on the boards-  

no one asked you to protect all of us hobbyists. Your rant sounds like a personal problem and so again I’ll suggest that you reach out to the seller directly if you have an issue 

Edited by This is Who We Are