• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grading question - Do you feel comfortable listing raw books as 9.4. 9.6, 9.8?

22 posts in this topic

unless you're getting a paycheck from CGC, you're not a professional grader.

I understand your point, but disagree. I think that someone like Dr. B, or anyone else that deals comics, is a professional grader. He's getting paid to do it isn't he? That makes him a pro in my book. I've always defined "pro" as someone getting paid to do something (in most cases). I get paid to do my job and I consider my self a professional. I'm sure there are guys that get paid more then me to do the same thing and they are professionals also, but they are not more professional then me are they? I also don't think that pro = good in every case. There are some "pros" that have no business doing whatever it is they do. Anyway, just my take on it.

True. I guess I was thinking about all of those peope who put up comics for sell and claim 9.6 while then stating the disclaimer 'I'm not a professional grader.'

True. I guess I was thinking about all of those peope who put up comics for sell and claim 9.6 while then stating the disclaimer 'I'm not a professional grader.

These are the people I rarely buy from. Every once in a while they send me an unsolicited e-Mail wanting me to look at their raw comics auctions - I usually take a look out of habit - and if I see those words " I am not a professional grader" the comic better be a "sleeper" deal or it does not get bought. makepoint.gif