• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are good and honest selling techniques?

48 posts in this topic

Hey Joanna,

I don't know how it will respond to a Mac user, but I've used Sony Image Station (free host) for a lot of auctions. It doesn't allow you to put up huge scans, but neither does eBays pic service. And, there will be no pop-ups associated with it. In Windows, it's extremely easy to download pics to their site but I don't know about a Mac. Might be worth a try. If you do try it and it appears that it will work, let me know if you need any help with it.

So far, I haven't found that they limit me to a certain number of downloads per day, but it might be helpful for you to use it for at least some of your auctions and save yourself some money. laugh.gif

You can sign up at this webpage and it's free.

Sony ImageStation

Does anyone know of any free web hosting sites that allow you to host and link to larger images on their site than Sony ImageStation?

I like to put larger pictures in some of my auctions and sony allows you to store small to medium sized pictures only.

Someone steered me to VillagePhotos.com, but their "free" option is very limited in the amount of bandwith you can use daily. They do offer some pay options to upgrade this though.

Does anyone know what is the BEST free or pay web host to store larger pictures for auctions is? confused.gif

Here are the free and pay options for VillagePhotos.com:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FREE account -- 25 images max. -- 5MB daily transfer --5MB max ebay usage -- web pages: none

$3.75/month -- 60 images max. -- 30MB daily transfer --30MB max ebay usage -- web pages: 5

$5.00/month -- 120 images max. -- 60MB daily transfer --Unlimited** MB max ebay usage -- web pages: 5

$6.25/month -- 250 images max. -- 100MB daily transfer --Unlimited** MB max ebay usage -- web pages: 5

$7.50/month -- 500 images max. -- 150MB daily transfer --Unlimited** MB max ebay usage -- web pages: 5

$10.25/month -- 800 images max. -- 220MB daily transfer --Unlimited** MB max ebay usage -- web pages: 5

**Unlimited use of images on eBay auctions require images be under 60K and at least Plan B level of service.

The sight also lets you manipulate image size and compression ratio very easily so you can tailor your needs. The smaller you make your image and the more you compress it, the less daily MB transfer you will use.

I use Earthlink's business hosting service. $32 a month, but it gives me lots and lots of storage space. I recommend it quite highly, as they are 1) efficient and 2) responsive to emails and calls.

Hey guys, I just edited my post above with cost information and storage capacity for VillagePhotos.com.

drbanner, $5 a month on there will get you 60MB daily transfer and Unlimited MB max ebay usage as long as the images are under 60K. I don't know if this is a temporary special or not though but might be worth checking out.

Thanks for you input and suggestions guys. I'll check out Yahoo Geocities and Earthlink. smile.gif Anyone else have any reccomendations?

images are under 60K

This is simply not big enough for a good scan of a comic book...my scans are typically 200-300k. Can't you do a free one on ebay up to 70k anyway?

That limits just for the "unlimited eBay use". I'm not sure what eBays sizes are, but eBay limits you to one free scan and then starts charging you for more. This would be a good way to get around that.

You can store and use much bigger pictures with the Village Photo service. They just wouldn't be "unlimited" on eBay that way.