• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Foxing question

8 posts in this topic

So, hypothecally (?) I look at some really nice books, very glossy, stored in mylar and backing board since purchased in the late 60's....I start taking them out to check back covers and they all have some degree of foxing, almost all along the top edge of the back cover...how bad does this effect grade if without that they would be 9.2-9.6 grades?

Steve

Somebody told me that foxing will not affect the grade if the pages are White.

I have a 9.6 Blue Label White Paged Curator with BC foxing. I submitted it without looking at the BC and I'm glad I did.

As with all things CGC graded I don't think there is a definitive, global answer for subjective defects like foxing.

Somebody told me that foxing will not affect the grade if the pages are White.

I have a 9.6 Blue Label White Paged Curator with BC foxing. I submitted it without looking at the BC and I'm glad I did.

As with all things CGC graded I don't think there is a definitive, global answer for subjective defects like foxing.

Can you send me a scan or post one to look at? Then it will give me an idea of the magnitude of foxing..