• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

David Mazzucchelli wants me to destroy my SS Books & thinks i'm greedy collector

302 posts in this topic

I do have the batman year one series and I will attempt to get said books signed and CGC'd. The art is OK but prefer Miller anyday over Mazzu, what a crybaby :cry:

Miller was perfect for The Dark Knight, Mazzucchelli was perfect for Year One. I thought they complimented each other very well. Miller had the grizzled, scarred, and angry Batman and his style was right on for it. Mazzucchelli had the young and eager Batman and his smooth lines worked incredibly well there.

Just my 2c

Well I love Mazz's work. I think his comic stuff would've just gotten better.

He had a great camera eye as an artist. Asterios Polyp seemed to take some people by surprise, but anyone who saw his City of Glass adaptation knows he likes to experiment.

Wish I had a SS.

Maybe even an oversized Rubber Blanket SS! :headbang:

Just talk to Steranko about the "Art of Star Wars" book and his compensation for that, or Neal Adams about artwork he's been trying to get back for 20 years.

If a guy objects to something at one time I don't see how time makes it any better.

What happened there? I've never heard anything, but noticed that he didn't sign it.

From what Steranko told me a few years ago when I had him sign my copy....

He was contracted and paid to sign something like 100 copies and they then put 500 copies in front of him to sign and said they'd take care of it later.

He said they had to work it out before he signed them because once they were done what was their incentive to pay him? Since he was only paid for 100 he only signed 100 or something along those lines. So somewhere out there you will find copies with his sig on there but they are pretty rare.

Jim doesn't mess around with stuff like that. He said he's been burned before.

Wow. I had no idea. I had hoped to get him to sign mine someday, but may pass if it brings up bad feelings for him.

Steranko is definitely old school, and he's one that I certainly wouldn't want to screw around with.

He told me the story when I brought him mine and I volunteered to pay him for his signature on that book to ease it. I think he appreciated the gesture of respect.

So I would not hesitate to bring the book to him, he's a good person and a lot of fun to talk to.