• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

David Mazzucchelli wants me to destroy my SS Books & thinks i'm greedy collector

302 posts in this topic

:gossip:

:shy:

That's all I'm saying! :P

But on a serious note; I can completely see where your coming from.

What other artists don't agree with SS Sean? I didn't know it even bothered people.

Let's fight Sean! lol

But maybe you're right, but I just can't understand how he thinks it's a bad thing. I disliked the e-mail more than the fact he dislikes Signature Series... It seemed like a threat, and I didn't like that, at all. "if this continues he may stop signing comics altogether. ALL fans will suffer due to a few greedy individuals." I don't think there was any need for that part in his e-mail (I know it's not him, but he represents him, so he speaks for him, so it's as good as his words).

It's been a recurring theme around here lately. Any artist that doesn't sketch or sign on command like an organ grinder's monkey is either an a-hole, out of touch, or greedy himself. I would suggest that folks be a little more circumspect. The internet is pretty much an open book.

If you'll notice, I'm not supporting the art rep's position. I think it is a very tenuous and mostly unsupportable premise. It is also antithetical to my personal beliefs to try and abridge someone's property rights as he attempts to do.

What I do not enjoy, however, is this swelling undertide of sentiment that artists should be so thankful to the public that they should be beholden to do whatever someone at a convention demands of them. The artists have the right to do what they want to do, or not do what they want to do. They are not a-holes for doing that. They are exercising their rights in a free society. If you don't like it you can stop buying their product, or you can decry their outrageous behavior on a messageboard. But, I, for one, wish folks would think it through a little.

yea its simantic unless you want to actually sell it, then SS is god compared to a standard COA

i'm not talking about sell/keep, i'm talking about the idea of a CGC SS vs COA, they are the samething.....both wittnessed by a person/persons as being the auto is real and not a forgery

There are various levels of trustworthiness when it comes to COA's and authentication.

Most of the time a COA is a separate document, it can be duplicated, it can be placed with the incorrect book, it can be issued by someone with less than stellar motives, and it can be from an organization with little to no checks or balances to ensure that the signature is authentic.

The CGC SS brand has none of the problems or issues the traditional certificate of authenticity may have. A book, sealed and encapsulated at the time of signature or in the hands of personnel sworn by affidavit until slabbing.

It's the gold standard of signature authentication, everything else is a distant second place.

What other artists don't agree with SS Sean?

The list is growing, but I am not going to get into that.

Is it just the artists or are writers & creators doing the same?

It's the gold standard of signature authentication, everything else is a distant second place.

Exactly. So we should single them out and punish them for getting it right and helping clean up the marketplace.

What? How dare you ensure to my fans that my signature is authentic! Why...back in my day we gambled on authenticity...and you'll do the same! :preach:

Exactly. So we should single them out and punish them for getting it right and helping clean up the marketplace.

What? How dare you ensure to my fans that my signature is authentic! Why...back in my day we gambled on authenticity...and you'll do the same! :preach:

Some people like to know that their signature is being turned into a licensed collectible, and may react to the negative when that fact is not actively disclosed....we should douse them in hi-test and set them alight.

:roflmao:

:roflmao:
:roflmao: :roflmao:

yea its simantic unless you want to actually sell it, then SS is god compared to a standard COA

i'm not talking about sell/keep, i'm talking about the idea of a CGC SS vs COA, they are the samething.....both wittnessed by a person/persons as being the auto is real and not a forgery

Not true. Anyone can forge a signature on a book and make up a generic COA for their comic book shop.

The Signature Series program is the only authentification system that validates an artist's signature or sketch.

i really can't come up with a counter to that (as my 1 dealer does this), but that's also saying that known companys/people are false useing a COA on a sig book.....DF, Wizard, Desert Wind Comics + other i may not know about(yes i do have a Liberty Meadows book with a DWC COA)

on my dealer though, he has a note book that has the cons he went to with dates and such all the COA's he made up are #'d and in the book he has a list to all the books signed and who signed them....does that mean he forged the sig's, no, but only people who know him can make the decision if they are real or not on his say so. would people who don't know him say their not real, well that's their own disecion

Point exactly.. with the CGC SS label, there aren't any questions or doubts as to who or when the book was signed. It's on the lable, just like your Joker sketch. Only a few select people can witness books.

As to anyone can make a COA or obtain a generic one at a Convention.

Some people like to know that their signature is being turned into a licensed collectible, and may react to the negative when that fact is not actively disclosed....

If you are famous, and you sign something, you have to understand that it could be sold at some point for a profit. It's part of the "job" of being famous. Anyone signing something and then claiming they never thought it would be sold is fooling themselves. CGC is being singled out because their COA is the best; how is that fair?

and artists and writters know very well that SS books bring in more money, so he may not be against signing books in general but he would hope that a signature series witness would at least tell him that its for SS because he knows that it would sell for way more which he doesnt agree with, im not defending it im just saying how it is