• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

STRANGE TALES silver higher grade

1 post in this topic

A bit of a change of pace this evening. I have a small number of Strange Tales silver age books in beautiful higher grade. :takeit: claims the prize, but I will happily entertain offers via PM. All prices include first-class shipping; insurance is extra.

Strange Tales #132 (5/65), featuring the Human Torch and the Thing plus Dr. Strange by Steve Ditko, in gorgeous VF- condition (maybe VF), with light spine wear and a couple of light wrinkles on the edge of the cover. Fabulous color and gloss on the cover, and excellent off-white pages. $75

st132.jpg

st132a.jpg

Strange Tales #133 (6/65), also with the Torch, Thing and Dr. Strange by Ditko, in deceptive FN condition. This one feels great and looks nicer than FN, but there is a vertical crease about an inch from the spine (perhaps a printing defect?) and there are light finger bends and creases on the covers. Deep, rich color and superb gloss on the cover, and wonderful off-white to white pages. $35

st133.jpg

st133a.jpg

Strange Tales #134 (7/65), the last issue with the Torch and the Thing, in stunning VF- condition, with spine stress, light finger creases and dings on the cover, and a couple of very light superficial smudges on the back cover. Outstanding color and gloss on the cover, and very supple off-white pages. $75

st134.jpg

st134a.jpg

Strange Tales #136 (9/65), the second issue with Nick Fury and S.H.I.E.L.D. plus Dr. Strange by Ditko. This one is tough to grade. It looks like a VF-NM, with deep, rich color and satiny gloss, but it appears there has been dampness on the cover edge, with a couple of light buckles but no staining at all. there is also a very small corner crease on the top of the back cover. $50

st136.jpg

st136a.jpg

Finally, Strange Tales #137 (10/65) in very attractive VF- condition. Looks much nicer, but there is a very light superficial stain on the top of the cover and some very light soiling on the back cover. Deep, vibrant color and incredible gloss on the cover, and super-nice off-white pages. $55

st137.jpg

st137a.jpg

Thanks for having a look. I'll be back later in the week with more.