• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WW Toronto Con report - really quick with lots of pictures.

31 posts in this topic

Well, I went for the Friday and Saturday. Wasn't very crowded on Friday, but got busier on Saturday. Mostly helped out on Friday as I was only there for half of the day. I had to bail early as it was my wife's birthday. Saturday I managed to get a bunch of sketches. It took a while, but I did come out with some nice pieces.

Most of the dealers there were heavy on the Bronze and Silver stuff. Not many had moderns. I think Paradise was the only one that had a lot of new stuff. I really only collect moderns, so my opinion on the lack of moderns won't mean much to the majority of you. :P

(I apologize for some of the camera shots in advance)

Here are some of the shots from one of the booths (sorry, I am blanking on the name of the company, I was drooling too much):

IMG_2611.jpg

IMG_2612.jpg

IMG_2614.jpg

Those first three shots look like Worldwide Comics' books.

Could be. (shrug)

They is...and DANG your daughter looks like you!

And this one is by Richard Pace, who spent a butt load of time on this for me. It stretches over 2 pages of my sketchbook. If I could take it out of the sketchbook, I would have it framed. I can't even begin to describe the detail involved here.

PacePitt.jpg

And this one is by Richard Pace, who spent a butt load of time on this for me. It stretches over 2 pages of my sketchbook. If I could take it out of the sketchbook, I would have it framed. I can't even begin to describe the detail involved here.

Richard is a super nice guy. If anyone does not have a sketch by this guy, then I would recommend getting one as soon as possible. I've never met a professional more accommodating, who didn't charge by the hour, than Richard Pace.

Richard is a super nice guy. If anyone does not have a sketch by this guy, then I would recommend getting one as soon as possible. I've never met a professional more accommodating, who didn't charge by the hour, than Richard Pace.

Are you used to people charging by the hour (shrug)