• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WW Toronto Con report - really quick with lots of pictures.

31 posts in this topic

And this one is by Richard Pace, who spent a butt load of time on this for me. It stretches over 2 pages of my sketchbook. If I could take it out of the sketchbook, I would have it framed. I can't even begin to describe the detail involved here.

Richard is a super nice guy. If anyone does not have a sketch by this guy, then I would recommend getting one as soon as possible. I've never met a professional more accommodating, who didn't charge by the hour, than Richard Pace.

Are you used to people charging by the hour (shrug)

I heard Doc charges by the minute...that's all he needs. :gossip:

And this one is by Richard Pace, who spent a butt load of time on this for me. It stretches over 2 pages of my sketchbook. If I could take it out of the sketchbook, I would have it framed. I can't even begin to describe the detail involved here.

Richard is a super nice guy. If anyone does not have a sketch by this guy, then I would recommend getting one as soon as possible. I've never met a professional more accommodating, who didn't charge by the hour, than Richard Pace.

Only by ladies who will break it down into 12 minute increments and do not charge extra for happy ending.

I heard Doc charges by the minute...that's all he needs. :gossip:

You were satisfied. :headbang:

I have heard that this was quite possibly the worst attending Wizard Show ever...?

true or not?

The pictures on bleedingcool.com...

The first photo shows all these people waiting like it was packed, and I heard they had to pull everyone out of the hall because of fire alarm.

Then the rest of the photos are just a lot of empty space? Be great to be a fan, but if I was a creator or a dealer...yikes...

I have heard that this was quite possibly the worst attending Wizard Show ever...?

The first photo shows all these people waiting like it was packed, and I heard they had to pull everyone out of the hall because of fire alarm.

Then the rest of the photos are just a lot of empty space? Be great to be a fan, but if I was a creator or a dealer...yikes...

The fire alarm did some damage, that's for sure. It would be the perfect time for the wife or tired friend to say "let's bail".

It was pretty well attended up until then on Sat afternoon from what I saw.

Just bad luck.

Most dealers I spoke to (comic and non comic) were pretty happy with sales, likely in part because the show was not overly saturated with dealers so more money to go around. Some dealers wanted to see how this show would go before they signed up for next year. The downside is that anyone that signed up this year would get preference for booth location come next year.

R.

true or not?

It was light, but good. Better than Wizard World Texas in 2008. The in demand artists still had lines. The comic selection was very good, but like Alex said, it was light on Moderns, believe it or not. There wasn't a Thor 602 to be had. The guest list could have been ramped up a little. The fire alarm cost me an Adi Granov sketch.

true or not?

I don't know as I have not been to another WW show anywhere. But I think the sales were good for most of the vendors. And I can attest to the lines for some of the artists.