• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LOS ANGELES ROCK'N COMIC-CON

69 posts in this topic

Not yet. Keep your eye open on the thread for that.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3968732#Post3968732

and here is the thread on the Avengers # 1 Romita Sr cover as well.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3984139#Post3984139

Let's get one thing straight. This is not a cheerocracy. I am the cheertator here. I make the cheercisions, and I will deal with the cheeronsequences. Now, if there are no more cheeruptions, we can cheertinue. Thank you.

-Not Another Teen Movie

So I am taking a poll. DWC is going to supply Adam with a offical cheerleading outfit. Should it be

1 Piece outfit. Colors are Yellow, Red and Black (shrug)

or

2 Piece outfit. Colors are Yellow, Red and Black meh

or

2 Piece outfit wtih halter top. Colors are Yellow, Red and Black :o

Oh and should we also provide Yellow and Red Ribbons for the hair as well? :roflmao:

You guys choose. :devil:

DWC will be posting detail information for submissions AFTER we finish the Stan Lee Tribute this weekend. Sorry for the delay but I have soveral projects going right now I have to handle them 1 at a time. lol

For those interested, projects in no particular order.

Los Angeles Rock'N Comic Con

Stan Lee signing at Los Angeles Rock'N Comic Con

DWC Avengers #1 Romita Sr Cover Excliusive Book

East Coast Legends Tour (mid June)

San Diego

I've got a few Wrightson's and, what the heck, I'll prep a few Grell's to be ready for when you announce it! Of course I'll have some more Stan's and for sure some Steranko's...

Oh my God....

Too bad Phoenix is the same weekend....

Stan is scheduled to sign on Saturday Only. On Firday he is scheduled to do a ribbon cutting ceremony. The con is pre-saleing signing tickets if you plan to come in person. I highly recommend you get you ticetks ASAP because I do not know what the limit will be.

Hello, Saw your post on Signature Series. Its been 7 to 10 years since I once collected heavily. Can I ask you how I get involved in Signature Series. Getting a book signed by Steranko. Can I ask you as well, what is more appropriate to get signed a lower grade, mid grade, or higher grade book? Who do I send the money too? Thanks, Jeff

Ok so here is a list of comic creators attending this show:

Stan Lee (special signing fee required)

Jim Steranko

Bernie Wrightson

Mike Grell

Bill Sienkiewicz

Josef Rubinstein

J. Scott Campbell

J. David Spurlock

Greg Boone

Joshua Fialkov

Batton Lash

Robert Rhine

Jim Smith

Pete Von Sholly

Desert Wind Comics will be accepting submissions for any and all of these creators. Please note that some creators may charge a fee while signing for NOT personalizing the comic book. Details to follow. Please check out the Desert Wind Comics website for complete details at www.desertwindcomics.com.

For submitting book for our private signing with Stan it is the same fee we have charged this year.

Modern........ $100.00......1980-Present......Max value $200

Economy......$115.00......any year......Max value $300

Standard......$145.00......any year......Max value $1000

Express.......$180.00......any year ......Max value $3000

Walk-Thru....(quoted based on value)......Value > $3000

These prices include Stan Lee’s charity donation, the CGC grading and encapsulation, witnessing fee, prepping the book(s), shipping, handling, and insurance to the event. The price does NOT include any return shipping, handling, or insurance back to the customer. The return shipping is $15.00 for the first book and $2.00 for each additional book in the same tier. It includes up to $3000.00 insurance per package. Any additional insurance can be added at the rate of $1.00 per $1000.00 of insurance. Please inquire for shipping and insurance charges outside of the Continental United States.

Please check out our website for complete details at www.desertwindcomics.com

chandler, is there a special fee for stan at this show or is it the standard fee that is normally charged?

If you are personally going to be at the show, the promoter is selling signature tickets on the con website. Stan will be doing a public signing at the show.

How do we know whether Steranko, Wrightson or any of the other creators charge a fee?

The easiest way to handle it is to pre-authorize (write it on the DWC submission form) a specific amount you are willing to pay for a creators fee (i.e. you say you are willing to pay UP to $7.00 per signature for Jim Steranko). That way we (DWC) know what you are willing to do and we are able to get the signature for you as long as the creator is no higher then that fee. Then we will just bill you for the amount owed for us paying that fee. Make sense?

How do we know whether Steranko, Wrightson or any of the other creators charge a fee?

The easiest way to handle it is to pre-authorize (write it on the DWC submission form) a specific amount you are willing to pay for a creators fee (i.e. you say you are willing to pay UP to $7.00 per signature for Jim Steranko). That way we (DWC) know what you are willing to do and we are able to get the signature for you as long as the creator is no higher then that fee. Then we will just bill you for the amount owed for us paying that fee. Make sense?

It does. I'm just shocked that this information isn't available.

Steranko is the only creator on that list where you have to worry about a fee, in my opinion. I am not sure why he or his people do not provide that information to the show organizers. Possibly it is because Mr. Steranko is flexible based on the arrangement you present him with.

Every time I've gone to Bernie Wrightson or most of the others, I've never had to pay an additional fee. If they sign a lot of my books, I usually ask to make a charity donation in their name or something like that. They are pretty flexible and great to work with.

i will not be at the show. i will be sending my books to you. the reason i asked if there was something different with this show in regards to stan is because next to his name you put " special signing fee required." knowing that you have charged a 100.00 fee this year. i thought that meant there would be a special signing fee required for this particular signing. sorry for the confusion. i wish i was going to the show.

Dumb question on calculating return shipping for this. If I have a modern submission and an economy one do I charge the $15 each time or is it $15 +2 ??

These prices include 1 (one) standard signature, the CGC grading and encapsulation, witnessing fee, prepping the book(s), shipping, handling, and insurance to the event. The price does NOT include any return shipping, handling, or insurance back to the customer. The return shipping is $15.00 for the first book and $2.00 for each additional book. It includes up to $3000.00 insurance per package. Any additional insurance can be added at the rate of $1.00 per $1000.00 of insurance. Please inquire for shipping and insurance charges outside of the Continental United States.

Dumb question on calculating return shipping for this. If I have a modern submission and an economy one do I charge the $15 each time or is it $15 +2 ??

$15 and $15 since they are different tiers. If you had 2 moderns or 2 economys, it would be $15 + $2.