• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LOS ANGELES ROCK'N COMIC-CON

69 posts in this topic

The reason for the seperate tier shipping is because CGC will not hold books for a month which is the difference between moderns and economies. They have told us that we need to pay the shipping out for each tier. So it is not our policy, it is CGC's policy. And the submission deadline is Monday, May 24th.

Why don't you guys respond to my emails?

Chandler and Sharon might just be the hardest working people in the CGC SS world, and with Sharon's surgery I think they are doing GREAT under the circumstances...... (thumbs u

Why don't you guys respond to my emails?

I found your e-mail address using your link you have on your posting here. I did a search in my e-mail and discovered just 1 e-mail from you which you sent into us the weekend we were at the Emerald City Comic Con. My apologizes for missing it as we get a couple hundred e-mails when we are at cons from clients asking questions while we are at a show. I have just responded to your e-mail. Again sorry I missed your e-mail back in March.

I was thinking of submitting a Captain America #110. According to the CGC label, Steranko wrote the story, did the cover and shared the artwork with Joe Sinnott.

According to ComicBookDB, Stan Lee wrote the story. I dont have a raw copy to check. Does anyone know if it was Steranko or Lee who wrote the story?

Thanks, Brian

I was thinking of submitting a Captain America #110. According to the CGC label, Steranko wrote the story, did the cover and shared the artwork with Joe Sinnott.

According to ComicBookDB, Stan Lee wrote the story. I dont have a raw copy to check. Does anyone know if it was Steranko or Lee who wrote the story?

Thanks, Brian

Yeah I noticed that also.

On all (3) of my CGC books (Cap 110, 11, 113) Steranko is listed as the writer and artist.

Inside the actual comics though Stan Lee's name is listed.

I brought this up to CGC at WonderCon this past year, and they didn't have an answer for it up front saying they would look into it.

It is werid though, as every CGC copy of 110, 111, 113 list Steranko as the writer.

This is something I will ask Steranko the next time I meet him.

Captain America / cover / 1 page

Credits

Pencils:Jim Steranko (signed)

Inks:Jim Steranko (signed)

Colors:Jim Steranko

Letters:Jim Steranko (logo)

Content Information

Genre:Super-heroCharacters:Captain America [steve Rogers]; Hulk [bruce Banner]; Bucky [Rick Jones]Reprinted:•in Marvel Super Action (Marvel, 1977 series) #12 (February 1979)

•in Captain America's Collector's Edition (Marvel UK, 1981 series) #[nn] (1981)

•in Essential Captain America (Marvel, 2000 series) #2 (2002)

•in Marvel Masterworks: Captain America (Marvel, 2003 series) #3 (July 2006)

Indexer Notes

Jim Steranko designed the new logo, which was used until October 1982.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No Longer Alone! (Table of Contents) Captain America / story / 20 pages

Credits

-script:Jim Steranko

Pencils:Jim Steranko

Inks:Joe Sinnott

Colors:Jim Steranko

Letters:Sam Rosen

Content Information

Genre:SuperheroCharacters:Captain America [steve Rogers]; The Hulk [bruce Banner]; Bucky [Rick Jones]; HYDRA; Madame Hydra (Introduction)Synopsis:Cap runs across the Hulk on a rampage in NYC. As the Army tries to stop him, Rick Jones warns him how uncontrollable he can be. The Hulk escapes, and Cap vows Rick must never put himself in danger until the monster can be tamed. Back at Avengers Mansion, Rick finds Bucky Barnes' old uniform, and rejects Cap's protests against wearing it. After putting him off for years, Cap finally accepts Rick officially as his new partner! Almost immediately, they uncover a plot by HYDRA to contaminate the city's water supply. After a series of battles, the HYDRA goons are driven off, and Cap tells Rick he survived his "baptism of fire"-- like a man!Reprinted:•in Marvel Super Action (Marvel, 1977 series) #12 (February 1979)

•in Captain America Sentinel of Liberty (Simon and Schuster, 1979) #[nn] ([October] 1979)

•in Captain America's Collector's Edition (Marvel UK, 1981 series) #nn (1981)

•in Essential Captain America (Marvel, 2000 series) #2 (2002)

•in Marvel Masterworks: Captain America (Marvel, 2003 series) #3 (July 2006)

Indexer Notes

Part 1 of 3. James Bond had faced a "Madame Spectra" in the 007 newspaper strip story "The Spy Who Loved Me" in The Daily Express (December 18, 1967-October 3, 1968); see James Bond 007 #[7] (Titan Books, August 2005). Last previous appearance of HYDRA in Strange Tales #159 (July 1967); its subsidiary, A.I.M., had effectively split off to become a separate organization and continued to crop up in the Nick Fury, Captain America & Iron Man series. Cap had first asked Rick to be his partner back in The Avengers #4 (March 1964), but kept hemming and hawing over it for almost 5 years! The sequence in the sewers is strikingly similar to the one in "Spy Ambush" in Captain America Comics #10 (January 1942). The Spirit had also once faced a female villain who planned to poison NYC's water supply in an early story.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's Yap with Cap (Table of Contents) letters page / 2 pages (report information) Credits

-script:?

Pencils:Jack Kirby (illustration)

Inks:?

Colors:?

Letters:TypesetContent Information

Genre:SuperheroCharacters:Captain AmericaIndexer Notes

Letters of comment from readers Robin Stover, Bruce Dravis, Eric Nash, Brian Clancey, Roger Vanous, Albert Rodriquez, Kenwood Dennard and Joe Trainor.

Thanks, Brian

Yeah I noticed that also.

On all (3) of my CGC books (Cap 110, 11, 113) Steranko is listed as the writer and artist.

Inside the actual comics though Stan Lee's name is listed.

I brought this up to CGC at WonderCon this past year, and they didn't have an answer for it up front saying they would look into it.

It is werid though, as every CGC copy of 110, 111, 113 list Steranko as the writer.

This is something I will ask Steranko the next time I meet him.

Stan Lee's name was listed on everything.

IMHO: It's obviously been verified somehow that Steranko wrote the story. Maybe it's even a part of his agreement to do SS books. Stan can still sign those books because, he was associated with anything Marvel.

I'm not sure I understand why this is such a surprising issue with everyone.