• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who would you like to see write new Marvelman stories?

29 posts in this topic

Gaiman. If only to finish his MIRACLEMAN run (The Silver & Dark ages). I could care less about MARVELman. meh

So you don't care about Moore's Marvelman run?

If I recall the name was changed to MIRACLEMAN in the states due to MARVEL being a bunch of :censored: Thing is I'm used to knowing & calling him miracleman not MARVELman. Plus the name sounds like MARVEL is jacking off to the sound of it's own name! OOh...MARVELman...OOH MARVELMAN!!! :sick: see what I mean? I mean DC doesn't have anyone named DC-MAN or Image and IMAGE-MAN. I know it was MARVELMAN in the beginning over in Britain, but to many fans in the states it's Miracleman. Plus the name MIRACLE makes for more sense with the events that happen during the GOLDEN age. Plus the age of MIRACLES just sounds better then the age of MARVELS.
I would have to agree with you on this one big brother :cool:

But until Todd McFarlane some how drops dead all of a sudden,I highly doubt we will see them using the Miracleman name and logo anytime soon :cry:

Yeah, but what you guys fail to understand is how ironic that position is. Changing the name from Marvelman to Miracleman was a really big deal back in the 80's. Accompanied by a ton of wailing and gnashing of teeth about how awful it was to have the material changed. To say now that the name should be Miracleman because Marvel is a bunch of :censored: is so off-the-charts ironic that I can't think of anything sufficiently ironic to analogize it to.

Yeah, but what you guys fail to understand is how ironic that position is. Changing the name from Marvelman to Miracleman was a really big deal back in the 80's. Accompanied by a ton of wailing and gnashing of teeth about how awful it was to have the material changed. To say now that the name should be Miracleman because Marvel is a bunch of :censored: is so off-the-charts ironic that I can't think of anything sufficiently ironic to analogize it to.

How about ...

rain on your wedding day

or a free ride when you've already paid

Give Alanis a minute, she'll be able to come up with something....

How about ...

rain on your wedding day

or a free ride when you've already paid

Drat.

Too slow.

Gaiman. If only to finish his MIRACLEMAN run (The Silver & Dark ages). I could care less about MARVELman. meh

So you don't care about Moore's Marvelman run?

If I recall the name was changed to MIRACLEMAN in the states due to MARVEL being a bunch of :censored: Thing is I'm used to knowing & calling him miracleman not MARVELman. Plus the name sounds like MARVEL is jacking off to the sound of it's own name! OOh...MARVELman...OOH MARVELMAN!!! :sick: see what I mean? I mean DC doesn't have anyone named DC-MAN or Image and IMAGE-MAN. I know it was MARVELMAN in the beginning over in Britain, but to many fans in the states it's Miracleman. Plus the name MIRACLE makes for more sense with the events that happen during the GOLDEN age. Plus the age of MIRACLES just sounds better then the age of MARVELS.

Blimey mate, why doesn't the whole of the comic book industry base it's decisions on what you grew up with and ignore the history and tradition that the rest of us know.

Firstly, it should not be written by an American.

Neil Gaiman needs to complete the run.

Millar and Morrison are too current IMO. Maybe 20 years ago (look how good Zenith was)

I would like John Wagner or Pat Mills to write it.

I understand from one of the original Warrior Marvelman artists that Marvel is still trying to buy the rights to the Moore run, but for derisory prices.

p.s. anyone trying to buy Marvelman comics now has left it too late - prices have rocketed!

The New Marvel Treasury Edition:

Marvelman and the original Captain Marvel (uhh...or, MARVEL's original Captain Marvel...) team up with DC's Captain Marvel (uh...Shazam) and in the first three company crossover they team up with Youngblood's Bedrock (I mean, BADROCK) to battle McFarlane's Overkill (uh... I mean, Overtkill) and McFarlane's ANGELA (or is it Gaiman's Angela?)

The lawyers are licking their lips...