• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Orleans Comic Con April 24th - 25th

17 posts in this topic

The second annual NOLA Con promoted by Media Underground Comics is being held in the New Orleans area April 24th - 25th. It has been a long while since there has been a regular comic convention in this area, so this is great news.

Shiverbones and I had a nice time there last year, and the promoter, Ronnie Prudhomme, looks to be building it up each year. The show has been expanded to two days and admission is a mere $15 for the two days or $10 for a single day pass.

I'll be setting up there along with several of the local dealers from New Orleans and South Mississippi. I believe Steve Barrington from Mobile Alabama will be setting up as well.

Here is a link to the show

http://www.nolacomic.com/index.html

If you live near the area, come on down and let's have some fun. Supporting the show will only make next year bigger and better. I believe there is a committment from George Perez for next year.

If you know any comic pros that would like to attend this year, or next year let me know or contact Ronnie and tell him I sent you.

See ya there

Bill

Just to save a few minutes for people, some of the artists attending are

Rob Guillory (Chew)

Robby Musso (Transformers Spotlight)

Kody Chamberlain- 30 Days of Night, Punks, Shang Chi: Master of Kung-Fu

John Dell inker for JLA, Lobo, Young Avengers, Ultimate Spider-Man

Derec Donovan-Youngblood, Adventures of Superman

Dave Johnson- Superman: Red Son,100 Bullets and Frank Castle: The Punisher

I plan on getting quite a few sketches done :headbang:

It was a fun show. Attendance was kind of light, but we had times when sales were brisk. Much better than last year. The promoter is learning his way, and I fully expect next year to really hit the mark.

Here is a picture of me and my sweetie just after setup on Sunday. The Bat 1 and WB 1 were just on the wall for show. I'm not selling them, but thought they would help attract attention to the booth. They did.

We brought about 50 long boxes of comics and sold seven full boxes out. Mostly copper, modern and some bronze.

meandRebecca.jpg

The Bat 1 and WB 1 were just on the wall for show. I'm not selling them, but thought they would help attract attention to the booth. They did.

Yes they did. I didn't make it down, but a buddy that did called to tell me about the World's Best. Of course even if it was for sale it would be well out of my range.

And I second the call for more pics. Show me what I missed!

It was a fun show. Attendance was kind of light, but we had times when sales were brisk. Much better than last year. The promoter is learning his way, and I fully expect next year to really hit the mark.

Here is a picture of me and my sweetie just after setup on Sunday. The Bat 1 and WB 1 were just on the wall for show. I'm not selling them, but thought they would help attract attention to the booth. They did.

We brought about 50 long boxes of comics and sold seven full boxes out. Mostly copper, modern and some bronze.

meandRebecca.jpg

She's a Beauty Bill! Wish I could have made it, buit the schedule with my family in town was just too tight. :sorry: I had a lot of fun last year & missed out on it this time.