• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Preview of GCCC Dayton Ohio 4.11.10

13 posts in this topic

Greeting GCCC fans!

Can you believe that this is the 5th annual Gem City Comic Con? It seems like it was just yesterday. I asked the question, “Do ya think Dayton can support a yearly comic con”? Five years later the answer is still a resounding YES! So fans, this is your show. Congrats and thanks for making it a success. Now let me tell you about this year's Gem City Comic Con!

We have an outstanding group of featured guests this year: Jim Valentino (Image Comics Co-founder), Don Rosa (Legendary Disney Ducks artist and writer), Steve Scott (X-Men Forever, Green Lantern, New Warriors), and Tom Nguyen (Army of Darkness, Ghostbusters).

But that’s not all! We have brought back fan favorites like Dan Davis, Terry Huddleston, Chad Lambert, Mike Maydak, Kevin Meinart, Sean Forney, Scott D.M. Simmons, Andy Bennett, Dave Aikins, WAC, Josh Medors and Dara Naraghi, for your enjoyment.

Don’t forget our “Creator Room”. Creators like Molly Durst, Stratos, Dustin Carson, Linda Chute and Dan Taylor represent the cutting edge and dissident voices of sequential story telling.

This year we have a number of great panels for you to attend and learn something about the hobby we all enjoy so much! First, Dara Naragh presents “How to Break In (and Stay In) the Comics Biz”. This will feature a number of comic pros who know what they are talking about. Then later today Matt Zoleman will present “Creating Digital Comic Art - Exploring the benefits and limitations of using software to create comic book art”.

Sponsor Bell Book and Comic are back again this year with a great slate of tournaments for you to enter and win some prizes! Plus, there will be game demos and all day gaming!

This year Gem City Comic Con and Comicrelated.com are teaming up with the Hero Initiative to bring you the Comicrelated.com Live Charity Auction benefiting the Hero Initiative. The auction will raise money to help the Hero Initiative help comic creators in need. This is a great chance for you to give back to the creators who have given you so much enjoyment over the years.

So the only thing left for me to tell you is , follow this link (http://www.gemcitycomiccon.com/uploads/images/WebSiteCoupon.jpg) for a coupon to the Gem City Comic Con website. Print that off and redeem it at the door for $1 off your admission. Be sure to forward this to all your friends so they can share with the fun and savings!

Doors open from 10 am til 5 pm at the Wright State University Student Union (3640 Colonel Glenn Hwy. Dayton, Ohio 45435-0001). Regular admission is $6, children under 10 get in for free. A limited number of VIP tickets are still available. A VIP ticket package comes with a ton of GCCC Premiums and Exclusives. Call Fearless Readers (937)252-3036 to reserve yours today.

Thank you for your support.

Jesse Noble

Promoter 2010 GCCC

Jessenoble@gemcitycomiccon

.com

Facebook: Gem City Comic Con

Twitter: Gem City Jess

Rick (catrick339) calls this the best one day show in the Midwest, and he very well may be right. Excellent buying show with solid dealers and a good artists alley. What more can you ask for? See you guys there!

I concur thats its one of the best one day shows period -- looking forward to it -- any boardies attending please stop by and say hello , I`ll be on the right side of the room on the wall (thumbs u

i'm giddy like a school girl.
and you dress like one too

:baiting:

You are not nearly as Big as you used to be. Don't write checks that your tiny new body can't cash . . .

i'm giddy like a school girl.
and you dress like one too

:baiting:

You are not nearly as Big as you used to be. Don't write checks that your tiny new body can't cash . . .

+1