• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: Four Color #386- Uncle Scrooge (#1) Barks

9 posts in this topic

Up for sale is a nice low grade copy of Four Color #386 “Only a Poor Old Man” first cover of Uncle Scrooge. I hate to let this go, but I have C2E2 in next week. This is way below guide. You know the story.

I believe that I have the book priced fairly, but if you have any questions, please feel free to shoot me a PM.

PM offers are welcome.

Your satisfaction guaranteed or your money back (minus shipping costs) as long as the book is returned in the same condition within 7 days of receipt.

No sales to people on the probation list.

Shipping USPS priority in box is $8 in USA. Canada or overseas is USPS priority or USPS Express, I will charge what it costs me. I ship within 48 hours of payment received.

Paypal personal is preferred but I will take a money order.

Posting the :takeit: in the thread wins out over PM negotiations.

Thanks for looking

Four Color #386: Nice book with consistent wear and other problems to keep it in the Good range. Has spine creases and staple tears, the bottom staple has some minor rust. The corners are rounded and some minor chipping. No big chips or pieces missing.The book does have a musty smell to it . Cream to tan pages.

2.0-2.5 $125.00

scans006-3.jpg

scans007-3.jpg

Correction. It is the first Barks Cover. His 1st cover in Four Color is issue 353 - the first Duck Album. Second cover is 379 and then came 386. 386 is valuable and key because it is considered Uncle Scrooge #1 and first issue in his own title. It is a classic cover and story by Barks and the beginning of arguably Barks' best work. Came out in March 1952 and WDCS 140 came out in May 1953 which is the first Scrooge cover in WDCS. This also is a classic cover and story.

1st appearance was FC 178 Christmas on Bear Mountain.

Is this his 1st appearance or 1st cover? Curious...

bump for ARK

This is his 1st cover.

Thanks

Correction. It is the first Barks Cover. His 1st cover in Four Color is issue 353 - the first Duck Album. Second cover is 379 and then came 386. 386 is valuable and key because it is considered Uncle Scrooge #1 and first issue in his own title. It is a classic cover and story by Barks and the beginning of arguably Barks' best work. Came out in March 1952 and WDCS 140 came out in May 1953 which is the first Scrooge cover in WDCS. This also is a classic cover and story.

1st appearance was FC 178 Christmas on Bear Mountain.

Is this his 1st appearance or 1st cover? Curious...

bump for ARK

This is his 1st cover.

Thanks

ft88 thank-you for your correction and your knowledge. (worship)