• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Just Certified a Second New Mutants 98 in 9.9

452 posts in this topic

Who are these "professionals" you speak of?

And, sorry, but paying $12k for the "privilege" of being the first person to own a 9.9 copy of a popular Copper Age Marvel is stupid then, it's stupid now, and it's going to be stupid five years from now.

He bought what he liked, so at least his intentions are unimpeachable. But that's a steep friggin' price to pay for a lack of patience

And who else thinks it won't be much longer till a perfect NM #98 CGC 10 pops up?

It wont be long. (thumbs u

I say it will sell for 1 MILLION DOLLARS! MWHAHA! :insane:

Look at it another way. Now the person spending the money on a 9.8 will be able to justify it to his wife or significant other by saying one just a tiny bit better sold for this amount and I got mine for this amount. Do you not think that people that are buying CGC product are not reading this forum? Do you not want your high graded drek to go up in value? In the world of business I live in you never tell a buyer he made a bad choice. I myself would never pay a premium for a Hulk 181 but if I had one and sold it for an obnoxious amount of money I wouldn't make fun of the buyer. Get a grip, keys come and go. I have a ton of Punishers that I laughed about back in the day that I could wipe my with now and no one would care.

And who else thinks it won't be much longer till a perfect NM #98 CGC 10 pops up?

dremillion-1.jpg

dremillion-1.jpg

:roflmao: I was looking for a DR.EVIL smiley, but couldn't find one.

So basically youre saying that if you had the 9.9 for sale you would tell the guy he was an insufficiently_thoughtful_person and not sell it to him and wait for a lesser buyer that you thought was paying an appropriate amount? fffffffing sad. I cant imagine anyone of you that is posting in this thread whining that they got too much money for a comic, myself included. ( :

Look at it another way. Now the person spending the money on a 9.8 will be able to justify it to his wife or significant other by saying one just a tiny bit better sold for this amount and I got mine for this amount. Do you not think that people that are buying CGC product are not reading this forum? Do you not want your high graded drek to go up in value? In the world of business I live in you never tell a buyer he made a bad choice. I myself would never pay a premium for a Hulk 181 but if I had one and sold it for an obnoxious amount of money I wouldn't make fun of the buyer. Get a grip, keys come and go. I have a ton of Punishers that I laughed about back in the day that I could wipe my with now and no one would care.

It's not my fault you bought Punisher drek when you could have had a Hulk #181 :baiting:

So basically youre saying that if you had the 9.9 for sale you would tell the guy he was an insufficiently_thoughtful_person and not sell it to him and wait for a lesser buyer that you thought was paying an appropriate amount? fffffffing sad. I cant imagine anyone of you that is posting in this thread whining that they got too much money for a comic, myself included. ( :

Thats not what I was implying (shrug) I think the seller is a freekin' genius,selling a common Copper key for 12K,brilliant! I would turn around and re-buy a 9.8 for couple hundred bucks,and throw the rest of the money on my bed and swim in it :grin:

Laugh it up funnyboy, its your hobby that youre making fun of . Hang on to your 181 and watch the 98s make money. The buyers make the market, you wanna make fun of them fly right at it. Ive said my peace.

You see, we here weren't the seller.

So we here can tell him he's got chairs missing. (thumbs u

When I got on the boards and saw there were (42) new posts in this thread, before I even opened it, I thought "uh oh...another 9.9". I was correct, but SS to boot. :o

Buyer #1 has got to be feeling the true pain by now. And, as FT said, just wait until a few more show up. His behind is gonna be real sore. :eek:

Laugh it up funnyboy, its your hobby that youre making fun of . Hang on to your 181 and watch the 98s make money. The buyers make the market, you wanna make fun of them fly right at it. Ive said my peace.

I'm not making fun of our hobby,God forbid! .................. :idea: Are you the guy who bought the book? :gossip:

Actually, I don't think anybody's making fun of the hobby.

I think everybody's making fun of the price paid for a piece of mess with a Big Number on the label...a real

pig-lipstick.jpg

...if I ever saw one.

There is actually a difference.

Actually, I don't think anybody's making fun of the hobby.

I think everybody's making fun of the price paid for a piece of mess with a Big Number on the label...a real

pig-lipstick.jpg

...if I ever saw one.

There is actually a difference.

Zactly FT

Laugh it up funnyboy

We have a "funnyboy" on the board? EXCELLENT!

9088_funny_boy_wearing_underwear_over_his_head.jpg.png

Nice lol Really dillmeister your O.K. in my book (thumbs u

I'm just trying to get my post count higher :gossip: