• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Phoenix Con May 2010

85 posts in this topic

Just FYI for everyone attending -

Joe Pierson, CGC's Signature Series Director, is on hand at Phoenix Con representing CGC. He's located at Terry O'Neil's booth # 307. :grin:

Hey...anyone have any idea how the Stan Lee signing/witnessing is going to happen? I made a last second decision to go and get a couple books signed, got my coupons and everything, but there aren't really and directions other than 'CGC will have a witness onsite'.

Is Joe going to be at Stan's table or something?

I know it's late, thought I'd throw this out there anyway. Just getting ready to head out from Tucson, so it'll be a couple hours before I get up there. thx!

This a nice show with plenty of guest. Resonable prices for sketches from most of the artist and most of them included inking. Mark Kidwell was a really nice guy, picked up a werewolf by night from him on a marvels project. Todd Nauck did a green goblin on the front of a dark avengers and a spiderman on the back of that book a very nice and helpful. Mark Dos Santos did a Ms. Marvel on a marvels project, somewhat hesitant at first but did a bang up job on the book. Ethan Van Schiver did a wolverine on a marvels project for me, as always a work of art. Got a Faust #1 signed by Tim Vigil a really nice guy as well. Tim Bradstreet was at the show on Friday and Saturday and did a few sketches on those days and was not available on Sunday left on family emergency, so no sketch for me from him, hope he is doing well. Got an Avengers #12 signed by the man himself. Overall the show was ok. On friday and saturday no knew about the Stan Lee signing where to go or who to talk to until the end of the day on saturday. Then on Sunday information desk sent me to the photo frog booth then that booth sent me to the back of the exhibit hall and finally to the right tables. A ton of anime kids all over the place with there massive weapons. Cool costumes especially the females. Robin Lopez suns center was at the show both friday and saturday browsing and keeping to himself, hanging out with artist.

Looks like someone liked the idea of moving the Convention to downtown Phoenix as attendance reportedly grew from 7000 last year to just under 14,000 (I know many were anime and cosplay geeks but I did well with comic sales as well). (thumbs u

Hope it continues to grow and that the bugs continue to get worked out (Stan Lee signing was a mess but really popular as was Todd McFarlane). On a side note, I must have sold 20-25 copies each of Spiderman #1 (regular and silver covers and one gold)- now that is a bonus! :devil:

Ed Robertson