• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Back from BOSTON!!! Go YANKS

58 posts in this topic

It was one of the better small shows I've been to.

I'm still shocked at how many sketches Jim Lee did for the fans. That was amazing.

Hanging out with a bunch of you board members, you know who you are, was a blast too. We'll do it again in philly hopefully. :wishluck:

Hey guys Just would like to say I had a great time in Boston. It was wonderful getting sketches from Artists I admire like Skottie Young and Ben Templesmith. I hope they come back from cgc with 9.8 grades. It was pure magic watching Jim Lee create at least 75+ sketches for his fans on Saturday. I don't think he has ever done this at a con before or at least not in a long time It's nornal the first five in line. I also would like to say it was nice to experience Boston's con with fellow board members, Mr. Mylar,NY comics,Sideorderofbrains,Secret son,Billy the Kid,Wolviefan,Issa as well as those whose board name I don't know. Can't wait to do it again. I do have a few pics , will try to post soon.

:sorry: Man I should of asked Billy!!! I feel like mess now for not even making the attempt.

Asked Billy for what? A Jim Lee?

Wow I would love to see what you would have to trade him for that sketch..... :insane: Billy is like the ultimate Jim Lee fanboy......heck while we were waiting it was super funny he put a baseball cap on and did his Jim Lee imitation! Too bad he was camera shy

I missed out once again... Sean if you can help let me know.

Hey guys Just would like to say I had a great time in Boston. It was wonderful getting sketches from Artists I admire like Skottie Young and Ben Templesmith. I hope they come back from cgc with 9.8 grades. It was pure magic watching Jim Lee create at least 75+ sketches for his fans on Saturday. I don't think he has ever done this at a con before or at least not in a long time It's nornal the first five in line. I also would like to say it was nice to experience Boston's con with fellow board members, Mr. Mylar,NY comics,Sideorderofbrains,Secret son,Billy the Kid,Wolviefan,Issa as well as those whose board name I don't know. Can't wait to do it again. I do have a few pics , will try to post soon.

Nice hanging out Chew! (thumbs u

Issa got the best sketch of the con IMO... (worship)(worship)(worship)

Had a great time. I really learned a lot about new artists and different tastes and styles of art. Shouts to everyone and thanks for making it a great con :)

This pic made it worth the trip. Jim Lee's line was never ending. On Sunday, he interrupted his signing, got out his seat and spent some quality time with a fan. He sketched and read books with him:

SunApr11145427EDT2010-2.jpg

Elektra commission by Bill S:

SunApr11145952EDT2010-1.jpg

Jim Lee Joker Sketch:

SunApr11145425EDT2010-1-1-1.jpg

Jim Lee Logan:

SunApr11145425EDT2010-2.jpg

Billy Tan Omega Red:

SunApr11145426EDT2010-1.jpg