• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shark's C2E2 Trip Report

57 posts in this topic

I only live about 2 hours west of downtown Chicago so the trip over was fairly short and sweet. I've been to McCormick Place in Chicago a number of times for manufacturing related shows but never for a big Comic Con like this one.

Just before I got onto I-55 from I-90 I took this pic of the Chicago skyline.

122-2234_IMG.jpg

I parked in an outside parking lot that I was familiar with but knew I had a long walk ahead of me. So I came in at street level and had to go up the escalators to the main corridor. There's a long, wide catwalk which connects the Lakeside Center to the other McCormick Place buildings and these were posted above:

122-2235_IMG.jpg

122-2236_IMG.jpg

I have read other posts in here about how roomy the Lakeside Center was for C2E2 and they were right. And the natural light showed through very well too. (thumbs u

I had a number of books with me to submit to the CGC booth for signatures and grading but before I could do that I had to pick up some books from joeypost that he pressed for me at the last minute. But I ran into Sean (seanfingh) first. Sean handed me the Crypt of Shadows #1 slab that I just bought from him on the boards and I asked one of the nice, young ladies at a nearby booth to take a pic of Sean and I (see below).

122-2239_IMG.jpg

I look too much like my older brother. :eek:

I didn't know what Joe (joeypost) looked like so Sean led me right to him at Dale Roberts booth. Joe did a great job on the books he pressed for me and turned them around quickly. If I ever want to have a book pressed in the future he gets my business. (thumbs u

I have read other posts in here about how roomy the Lakeside Center was for C2E2 and they were right. And the natural light showed through very well too. (thumbs u

I had a number of books with me to submit to the CGC booth for signatures and grading but before I could do that I had to pick up some books from joeypost that he pressed for me at the last minute. But I ran into Sean (seanfingh) first. Sean handed me the Crypt of Shadows #1 slab that I just bought from him on the boards and I asked one of the nice, young ladies at a nearby booth to take a pic of Sean and I (see below).

122-2239_IMG.jpg

Sean looks svelte. Lost some weight perhaps?

I then visited the CGC booth to turn in my submissions. All of the forms were filled out ahead of time which makes the process at the booth go that much faster. I turned in about 10-12 books for signature series (Garth Ennis, Alex Ross, Gary Friedrich, Mark Waid) and a number of other books including a few that Joe had pressed for me. I took this pic of the CGC rep (Josh I believe) working on one of my submissions.

122-2240_IMG.jpg

:gossip: That book in front of him is the Amazing Fantasy #15 I just purchased from Adam (Filter81). It's treated as a walk-thru so I should have it back shortly. I'll let you guys know the grade when I get it back (it is restored but a very nice copy). :whee:

122-2239_IMG.jpg

Sean looks svelte. Lost some weight perhaps?

I would just say I'm that big (6 ft, 260) but yeah...I think Sean has lost some weight since I saw him last August at WW Chicago. (thumbs u

I wish I had known you were there, it would've been nice to say hi to you..especially since we're both from IL :) Nice pics man (thumbs u

It would have been nice meeting you too. :)

I almost forgot to mention that I met up with electricprune early on to pick up a couple of Tomb of Dracula slabs I bought from him here on the boards. Thanks!

Here's another pic with more boardies in it. That's Mutant Manatee on the left and lhcomics on the right. I don't remember if the other guy was a board member or not.

122-2248_IMG.jpg

Mutant Manatee and I are from the same area in central Illinois. He lives in Champaign and I'm originally from Paris which is about an hour southeast of Champaign. I've always been a big University of Illinois basketball and football fan. (thumbs u

And yes...that's a Captain America #1 CGC 5.0 in MM's hands. (worship)

I also remember meeting Leroy (lhcomics) at one of the Rockford comic cons last year. It was good seeing you again. :)

Here's a pic of Matt Nelson hard at work (not!) at his Worldwide Comics/Classics Incorporated booth.

122-2246_IMG.jpg

No wonder it took so long to get that Daredevil #1 done! :baiting: