• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

You did what? A pedigree love story.

241 posts in this topic

I'm confused. Doesn't the "you did what?" and the little shocked icon in the title imply that the pressing revelation was intentionally pushing buttons?

And before someone goes all DQ on me, I have no problem with what Jim chose to do with his book, but I refuse to believe the button-pushing was not somewhat intentional. :baiting:

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain . . .

The good Dr's intent all along was to preserve the Northland pedigree of the book.

He did not crack open the slab and simply wanted to improve the condition of the book for his personal collection so I believe his actions were fine.

'IF' he had simply cracked open a ped to press it and flip it for money, his actions would have been interpreted as greed and could be debated.

Pedigree collectors love their books in any grade. He wanted it badly as an 8.0.

After all his efforts he deserves a 9.0 .

Totally agree. He actually saved a book that would have been lost by a cracker. And let's be honest, we throw around the word responsibility and treasure but an 8.0 X-Men #8 is hardly a treasure. And as far as hurting books everytime one you guys move a book, ship a book, put it under light, breathe on the damn thing you are hurting it. It is his book and as long as isn't a rarity, I beleive he can do what he wants to do with it. Maybe he might even read it.

And for all of you f--ckin anti-pressers I assume you understand that the entire Church collection is restored under your conditions since those books were essentially pressed for 40 years.

You can all go f yourselves for ting this thread.

Seriously, let's not have another bombastic Pressing thread with all the usual suspects putting in their 2c

We all know how the votes are split and who sides with whom. All the ranting and raving ever accomplish is take perfectly reasonable and likeable people and morph them into frothing-at-the-mouth internet crazies.

Let's all just do the right thing and STFU. :foryou:

I'm confused. Doesn't the "you did what?" and the little shocked icon in the title imply that the pressing revelation was intentionally pushing buttons?

And before someone goes all DQ on me, I have no problem with what Jim chose to do with his book, but I refuse to believe the button-pushing was not somewhat intentional. :baiting:

I just want to see what HH in my sig line looks like while lecturing to the two of you.

Let's all just do the right thing and STFU.

no u

I drink your milkshake.

I asked a girl out today, and she blew me off. Crazy right? I guess my milshakes only bring boys to the yard these days.

I just want to see what HH in my sig line looks like while lecturing to the two of you.

I drink your milkshake, too.

no u

I drink your milkshake.

HH wagging his finger again.

I can't hear what he is saying and yet he makes so much more sense than you.

Except for your shoes, your shoes make sense.

Do I need to google milkshake? Damn, is 40 really that old?

I'll take any opportunity to post this:

no u

I drink your milkshake.

Does "drink your milkshake" make sense to you, Andy?

no u

I drink your milkshake.

Does "drink your milkshake" make sense to you, Andy?

Of course not, that's young folk talk, and I sir, am no young folk.

Okay, okay. I'm good now. Not only have I heard this song but this movie & DDL's character in it are just about as sweet as life can get at the cinema.

HH's finger is dancing now.

Creepy as it gets.

Really? On a forum full of dealers/flippers bumping up a grade without receiving a purple label isn't frowned upon. Who would have thunk it?

Exactly, and these guys don't give a flying F if their mass-pressing kills the hobby in the long-term, they just want to get their cash as fast as possible, then get out.

Every time a vintage comic gets pressed to a higher grade, thereby swelling the Census artificially from what the available copies were previously, it's like taking a hammer to a brick wall. Sure, it'll sustain a lot of hits, but sooner or later it's gonna come down.

And I don't think that's anything to celebrate, assuming you're not a dealer.

My son, asked me the other day why the government can't just print more money so everyone can have enough. (God bless him)

Well if anyone knows the answer to that, then they should understand why pressing every friggin book isn't such a great idea.