• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

You did what? A pedigree love story.

241 posts in this topic

Saving the Ped status was admirable. Hard to argue that.

But why Hulk "smash" the book if it was for your collection which seems to focus on Northland Peds?

Because he can (shrug)

That's not entirely true. I mean, sure, anyone can press a book for any reason, but the back cover had issues that I did not want to get progressively worse over time. I didn't want the raised edges of the folds rubbing against the inner well and possibly leading to further damage or color loss.

Thanks for explaining. Seems to a perfectly logical reason. Not that you even have to have a reason.

That's not to say I haven't pressed a book purely for the profit potential, I most certainly have. However, that wasn't the case in this instance.

Can't argue that either. Why sell an 8.0 for $$ when the buyer could crack and smash it to 9.0 for $$$$.

I don't necessarily agree with the pressing game but it is happening. Why would one want to be the fool and leave money on the table I don't know.

I finish by saying pressing should be disclosed. :preach: