• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If you could have 1 super power what would it be?

123 posts in this topic

Time travel would be dope, I would go back in time and buy a few TEC #27's and AC #1's.

You understand what happens when you mess with time, right. You'd come back to Find that a PGX 8.5 Whiz Comic #2 (1) just auctioned off at 2 million dollars.

Teleportation (assuming I can carry a small number of people with me). Then the wife and I could visit Europe on weekends. (Kind of like "Jumpers," minus being hunted down by Samuel L. Jackson.)

So you have this incredible ability to teleport yourself away and you'd take your wife with you? doh!

We need to discuss this more thoroughly.

Fine, I will take your wife instead hm

:roflmao:

great question!

and difficult to answer. Literature has tacked this wish for centuries and illustrated the drawbacks. For every power I think Id want, I can come up with serious flaws to them. Most would get us what we cant get now, But how long before we no longer care about those desires after they are so easily procured? Even "living forever" doesnt sound that great when you think about it. Flying would be uncomfortable w/o proper clothing for the friction and cold (probably couldnt open your eyes w/o goggles. How about landing?

Reading minds? How do you turn it off so you get a surprise now and then?

Know the future? Sure youd be ridiculously rich. Then what? Can you live with cheating for the money? even if you gave it to charity after a while, you are still "stealing" from others who dont know the future.

Super smart? same problem After awhile, its more frustrating and depressing to live with.

Xray eyes is interesting! but kinda minor and kinky.. and really, many times you dont wanna see thru clothes!

super strength? for what? become the highest paid laborer or circus performer?

super breath? ugh

spider sense?

cyclops' laser eyes?

mind control? boring

see what Im getting at?

any super power sounds great... until you think about it carefully. Its all like an O Henry story: be careful what you wish for!

You forgot one of the best ones and I can't really find anything morally wrong with it or anything.....flight

Whats so wrong with flying around?

FLYING :headbang: