• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What books do you get slabbed?

32 posts in this topic

I'm getting this one slabbed, I just got this off of ebay today. I think it might grade as high as a 9.2!

av57feb002.jpg

I just got mine today at Wondercon, but mine was a Slabbed 8.5

:baiting: I had an in with the seller who gave me a call. :whee:

But at least yours is already slabbed. But mine comes with a picture of the previous owner holding up a newspaper to show current events. :ohnoez:

zt849c.jpg

I'm getting this one slabbed, I just got this off of ebay today. I think it might grade as high as a 9.2!

av57feb002.jpg

But at least yours is already slabbed. But mine comes with a picture of the previous owner holding up a newspaper to show current events. :ohnoez:

zt849c.jpg

Didn't know Frankie had time travel abilities. :insane:

av57feb002.jpg

Not with that creasing in the URFC you won't...,

av57feb002.jpg

zt849c.jpg

Didn't know Frankie had time travel abilities. :insane:

He can do many things.

And my apologize for derailing this thread.

Slabbed books in similar grade will almost always command a higher dollar re-sale value than raw. It puts the buyer at ease as far as restoration, plus "they" actually get the grades right on occasion.

All "Mega-Key" books should be submitted for slabbing regardless of perceived grade, unless it's just a total fluffin' rag.

As was previously stated, I intend to slab my entire pre-1966 portion of my collection so my family doesn't get swindled when I drop dead or possibly get scooped up by aliens.

Slabbed books in similar grade will almost always command a higher dollar re-sale value than raw. It puts the buyer at ease as far as restoration, plus "they" actually get the grades right on occasion.

All "Mega-Key" books should be submitted for slabbing regardless of perceived grade, unless it's just a total fluffin' rag.

As was previously stated, I intend to slab my entire pre-1966 portion of my collection so my family doesn't get swindled when I drop dead or possibly get scooped up by aliens.

Hopefully you don't stick 'em with the CGC debt....,

I was trying to guesstimate the cost of slabbing that X-Men set that just sold on CL. If the owner of that set made dime one, I 'd be surprised. With round trip shipping and insurance, an SA book better bring at least $60 more slabbed than it will raw or you are wasting money.

Hopefully you don't stick 'em with the CGC debt....,

I hear you on the fees, but in my mind it's well worth it to slab certain books, specifically if selling on FeeBay. If I listed a slabbed FF #4 8.0 - for example - it would probably sell for over 20 - 25% more than the same exact book raw.

I'm not saying this applies to all books, but I think that keys and hot titles are a good bet. However, I do respect your opinion on slabbing. Some people just don't like the idea, but time has proven that many buyers prefer to buy slabs nowadays.