• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best place to sell right now?

50 posts in this topic

Including ebay u.k. visibility for .50

My gosh, I didn't even realize this was an option.

:censored:

Bastiches!!! I just went back and changed all my auctions to allow listing in the UK.

I thought on eBay .com it would show everywhere.

Including ebay u.k. visibility for .50

My gosh, I didn't even realize this was an option.

Bastiches!!! I just went back and changed all my auctions to allow listing in the UK.

I thought on eBay .com it would show everywhere.

You actually think they would let you do that for free? lol

I just thought that the ebay.com site would cover the world.

S'okay, I have a British bidder on one of the books...and old customer from way back.

:cloud9:

You might want to try listing the ones that may not induce a bidding frenzy at a starting bid that you could live with in case interest is low. Scottish said he started some at .99 that ended at $10. You might be better off with one bidder (or even none) for a slab listed at $25 than 3 or 4 guys bidding it up to $10.

You might want to try listing the ones that may not induce a bidding frenzy at a starting bid that you could live with in case interest is low. Scottish said he started some at .99 that ended at $10. You might be better off with one bidder (or even none) for a slab listed at $25 than 3 or 4 guys bidding it up to $10.

The majority of the slabs that sold for under $10.00 were modern Green Arrow issues mid-range. Thankfully I didn't pay much more than $10.00 for them to start with. ;)

I considered a start bid of what I would like, but the listing fees if it didnt sell would stink. And I appreciate everyones input so far. Mr. Pontoon I never even knew you viewed my threads, so I learned more people than I thought are viewing them. I however dont know what people are actually looking for, but thats another conversation.

As far as buying during the bubble, none of these are such a case and most were submitted by me raw. So I dont have quite as much invested, but would still like to get the most for books that I do like somewhat, and are fairly hard to find in grade.

So I dont have quite as much invested, but would still like to get the most for books that I do like somewhat, and are fairly hard to find in grade.

I thought this was a friendly place where people weren't supposed to squeeze out every dime out of a book?

:makepoint:

:baiting:

Next to selling them yourself on E-Bay or the boards, my opinion would be to consign the books to Storms. Among consignment options, Bob is simply the best. He's got a large clientele of SA and BA buyers, impeccable integrity and honesty, a long track record of selling comics without first squishing them into pancakes, and he sends payment as soon as the buyer's payment clears.

just wanted to give my thoughts on listing your books on ebay. i have sold a lot and bought a ton from ebay. i have found that items sell for a better price if you list them so they will end on monday through thursday around 10 to 11 pm est. that way you have bids coming from both coasts and it allows most to get off work and get home. if the auctions end earlier in the day they always seem to go for less and weekends seem to go for less. i guess work during the week and doing the family thing on weekends seems to keep those auctions at a lower price. just my thoughts. trying to help out.

Here is what I did recently with my 100 plus high grade slabs(mostly 9.6 to 9.8 bronze)..some poplular titles like X-men and ASM to boring stuffs like Avengers, Eternals, etc..

The hot books were sold at GPA or 5% or so less GPA here on the board. The high ticket priced books got little offers and off to CL they went for next month auction and the rest of the "Dreks" went on to Ebay. I haven't sold a thing on Ebay for 10 years so it was a gamble. I listed all 50 plus slabs with BIN and best offer.

so far after 3 weeks, I sold 16 at GPA or so, and some higher than GPA but I give free shipping also...which helped.

i certainly learned quickly to adjust my listings so that they automatically turned down low ball offers so I don't waste my time trying to negotiating with people that aren't reasonable.

So I dont have quite as much invested, but would still like to get the most for books that I do like somewhat, and are fairly hard to find in grade.

I thought this was a friendly place where people weren't supposed to squeeze out every dime out of a book?

you know, some of us would like to make up for our mistakes where we paid too much and would like to break even at the end of the day or maybe make a little more so that we can make more mistake purchases. it's called "a wash". for every dollar box book I squeeze $5-$10 out of there are probably 5-10 others I bought that are maybe "worth" 50 cents. Damn my fascination with pretty covers on moderns!

you know, some of us would like to make up for our mistakes where we paid too much and would like to break even at the end of the day or maybe make a little more so that we can make more mistake purchases. it's called "a wash". for every dollar box book I squeeze $5-$10 out of there are probably 5-10 others I bought that are maybe "worth" 50 cents. Damn my fascination with pretty covers on moderns!

It was just a friendly poke at Pat for the times that he derided people for trying to squeeze maximum dollar.