• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Original owner silver age collection - 10% discount time!

84 posts in this topic

Greetings comic lovers,

I set up at the second annual NOLA Con in New Orleans over the weekend and had the great pleasure to meet a man whom I will refer to as Bill F. Bill had brought with him a pile of some of his childhood comics. We had a nice visit down memory lane, and lamented that his mother tossed away his ASM 1, X-Men 1 and JIM 83 along with many other books that were boxed together while he was away at college. She didn't toss the other box however, and the books he brought with him to the show were ones he had purchased off the newsstand for the most part.

A couple of the issues he purchased at a second hand store nearby his home. He stored them in a cedar chest all these years and thus the books have a lovely smell of cedar and most of them have beautiful off-white pages. The gloss on some of them is amazing for mid grade books

At any rate, I was pleased to be able to buy them from Bill and am offering some of them to my fellow boardies here tonight.

:takeit: rules in this thread and trumps PM offers, however please feel free to make offers

I will ship them out Priority Mail from the USPS to domestic US buyers and make arrangements to ship the most cost effective way to my friends outside the US

PayPal is the preferred method of payment, but checks or money orders are just fine too.

If you have any questions, please let me know

Thanks!

Bill

DCs?

Not many. A couple Brave & the Bold Cave Carson issues, one Showcase Cave Carson, a Batman 181 (I think) no others that I can think of offhand. This thread will just be the Marvels though

DCs?

Not many. A couple Brave & the Bold Cave Carson issues, one Showcase Cave Carson, a Batman 181 (I think) no others that I can think of offhand. This thread will just be the Marvels though

Downer. :cry:

Amazing Spider-Man #14

Structurally a 5.0, and with some TLC could be a 5.5 or a 6.0, but some rust on the interior staples at the centerfold knock it down. Beautiful book otherwise

Grade = 4.5 CR/OW

Price $370 SOLD!

ASM14.jpg

ASM14bc.jpg

I don't suppose there's a lower grade, yet presentable, and cheap lol copy of FF #7 in there?

Amazing Spider-Man #23

Small chip out of top of back cover, and back cover corner crease keep this from being a FN. Very glossy book

Grade = 4.5 CR/OW

Price = $99

ASM23.jpg

ASM23bc.jpg