• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

C2E2 2011 Poll....where would you like to see it held?

Where should C2E2 in 2011 be held?  

174 members have voted

1. 1. Where should C2E2 in 2011 be held?

42 posts in this topic

There's a lot of debate going on here on the boards about the advantages and disadvantages of having C2E2 at McCormick Place next year and in the future. So what do you guys/gals think? Should C2E2 be held in the Lakeside Center at McCormick Place again or should it be held somewhere else? Answer the poll below and let's find out who's in the majority and who's in the minority. (thumbs u

I voted for Lakeside. It was perfect for what I like about cons and it was so spacious. But I respect what everyone said about the negatives, and the main thing is to have a venue that allows the exhibitors to succeed. :wishluck:

I voted for Lakeside. It was perfect for what I like about cons and it was so spacious. But I respect what everyone said about the negatives, and the main thing is to have a venue that allows the exhibitors to succeed. :wishluck:

+1

Joker--

I voted for outside the city. I heard some people talking about fees and such. By just holding it on this side of chicago you can save a ton of $$$ and fees add to dealers and participants. If it is in Rosemont , you can walk 2 blocks to the blue line train and be downtown in 20 minutes for $2.25 . Also the hotels are cheaper, airport right there and right off expressway. You dont have to deal with the politics and shakedown of the city venues.

I voted for outside the city. I heard some people talking about fees and such. By just holding it on this side of chicago you can save a ton of $$$ and fees add to dealers and participants. If it is in Rosemont , you can walk 2 blocks to the blue line train and be downtown in 20 minutes for $2.25 . Also the hotels are cheaper, airport right there and right off expressway. You dont have to deal with the politics and shakedown of the city venues.

:headbang:

I vote to move it to Las Vegas. The city is built to handle conventions. Cheap airfares, tons of hotels, public transportation built to work with conventions and the main convention center is plenty big to allow the show to grow when it needs to. Just my opinion.

I voted for Lakeside. I really enjoyed it there, and I didn't think the cost was bad at all coming from a downtown hotel.

Vegas would be a great spot too, but then I would probably spend all of my money gambling and stay up all night.

Chicago is a hub city for the greater part of North America.

Vegas is a bit more out of the way.

From what I've heard cons don't do very well there...don't know why.

I'm all in for a con in Vegas....just don't think it would do well as Chicago.

I vote to move it to Las Vegas. The city is built to handle conventions. Cheap airfares, tons of hotels, public transportation built to work with conventions and the main convention center is plenty big to allow the show to grow when it needs to. Just my opinion.

They already tried this a few years ago with the Extrosion comicon in Vegas and it was painful :mad: for the dealer-retailers just like it sounds. There is not a natural base of comic/anime collectors in the desert.

I dont know. I would love Vegas to have a show. I think with the proper promotion and advertising it would be a hit. You dont think big name Hollywood actors would go to a show in Vegas. I think if done right, it would work.

I dont know. I would love Vegas to have a show. I think with the proper promotion and advertising it would be a hit. You dont think big name Hollywood actors would go to a show in Vegas. I think if done right, it would work.

You mean another San Diego?

Hey, wait a minute you live in Vegas :slapfight: I live near O'hare . :kidaround: Oh a wise guy trying to muscle in the cool cons that come to Chicago.

:jokealert:

Why don't they have a big con like a Comic-Con International there and combine it with some other con going on at that time like the International CES or have the E3 (Electronic Entertainment Expo) held there. Heck, leave the kids at home and have it with the Adult Entertainment Convention.....

:banana::roflmao:

Maybe not of that magnitude in the beginning. I mean NYCC drew 75,000 people last year according to Reed, so, like i said, with the proper marketing and promoting, I dont see why not. I wouldnt throw it in July, but at the end of the year as a end of convention season show would be nice. Plus, i never been there, and everyone says I should go. Gonna try to get there this year, but thats another story.

Jeff

NYC drew 75K because it's one of the largest cities in the world for both population and culture.

Vegas is a party town but only for people that visit. It's going to be a tough draw to get 30K geeks to show up, let alone 75K.

As mentioned, cons have flopped there in the past.

Maybe not of that magnitude in the beginning. I mean NYCC drew 75,000 people last year according to Reed, so, like i said, with the proper marketing and promoting, I dont see why not. I wouldnt throw it in July, but at the end of the year as a end of convention season show would be nice. Plus, i never been there, and everyone says I should go. Gonna try to get there this year, but thats another story.

Jeff

Jeff:

The way you play cards, it's best if you stay out of Vegas.

Love,

Mike

NYC drew 75K because it's one of the largest cities in the world for both population and culture.

Vegas is a party town but only for people that visit. It's going to be a tough draw to get 30K geeks to show up, let alone 75K.

As mentioned, cons have flopped there in the past.

I agree, NY is the greatest city in the World. :) However, the shows that were thrown there didnt have nearly as much marketing and promoting power as either Reed or Wizard. I believe that shows were thrown in Vegas, not conventions. Difference being a show is usually thrown in a Hotel, a convention is, well, thrown in a conventions center. Big difference.

Jeff

Jeff:

The way you play cards, it's best if you stay out of Vegas.

Love,

Mike

You dont want none of this Mike. Wait till Rosemont. I've become a pro at spider solitare now. Get your game on!!