• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The review is in! IRON MAN II Is a STINKER!

332 posts in this topic

I saw it last night and I enjoyed it. I didn't feel like there was too much info pushed into one movie. I loved the role Justin Hammer played in the whole deal. Obviously they are going to have to change Whiplash up, because it would just seem silly in modern cinema to have a guy with a whip fighting Iron Man.

Overall I enjoyed it and I dig the Avengers cut scenes at the end of the Marvel movies recently.

ya know, you made me think of something. correct me if I'm wrong, but the Justin Hammer I remember was a nasty, balding SOB? Not some flippant Greg Kinnear look-alike!

I think you need to forget about the comics when watching a movie.

Consider the movies to nopw be like an Ultimates reboot of the original. Some elements are recognizable, others are brand new.

I believe he was an older guy, but I like the new version....an annoying little spoon

I saw it last night and I enjoyed it. I didn't feel like there was too much info pushed into one movie. I loved the role Justin Hammer played in the whole deal. Obviously they are going to have to change Whiplash up, because it would just seem silly in modern cinema to have a guy with a whip fighting Iron Man.

Overall I enjoyed it and I dig the Avengers cut scenes at the end of the Marvel movies recently.

ya know, you made me think of something. correct me if I'm wrong, but the Justin Hammer I remember was a nasty, balding SOB? Not some flippant Greg Kinnear look-alike!

This isn't some basic Joe Schoe actor we're talking about. Justin Hammer is Sam Rockwell. One of the finest character actors of our generation. He was the killer in the Green Mile for Christ's sake. :screwy:

This isn't some basic Joe Schoe actor we're talking about. Justin Hammer is Sam Rockwell. One of the finest character actors of our generation. He was the killer in the Green Mile for Christ's sake. :screwy:

My apologies. I was merely commenting on the Justin Hammer of my youth. I did not mean to upset any Rockwell Fanboys. (worship)

My apologies. I was merely commenting on the Justin Hammer of my youth. I did not mean to upset any Rockwell Fanboys. (worship)

:foryou:

I just saw the Movie, i enjoyed it, found it entertaining (thumbs u

Same here; enjoyed it too. Sam Rockwell is awesome! Guy Fleegman is still my favorite Rockwell character. :roflmao:

Dust, you're pretty critical of her obviously.

I have been a bit harsh, that's true. It's not that I don't find her likeable (she is), it's just that her current pre-eminence has yet to foster a genuinely convincing role from her. It isn't necessarily about her acting chops - (Meryl Streep for example is a great technician as an actress but is equally detached in everything she's done) just that I've yet to see any real effort.

I gotta agree with goldust on this; while I could look at Scar Jo all day long, her acting sure has a long ways to go still. I also think she is "wooden" frequently in her roles; just no pizazz. That said, I sure didn't mind seeing her in the flick. :headbang:

I have been a bit harsh, that's true. It's not that I don't find her likeable (she is), it's just that her current pre-eminence has yet to foster a genuinely convincing role from her. It isn't necessarily about her acting chops - (Meryl Streep for example is a great technician as an actress but is equally detached in everything she's done) just that I've yet to see any real effort.

Did you like Streep's chops in Bridge Of Madison County? I thought she was pretty into it.

Rockwell was great in the recent Sci-Fi flick... Moon

Great film...can't recommend it enough. As good (if not better) than Silent Running and Dark Star.

Rockwell is a great actor but I couldn't stand watching all the way through that movie...I just wasn't patient enough at the time.

Rockwell was great in the recent Sci-Fi flick... Moon

Great film...can't recommend it enough. As good (if not better) than Silent Running and Dark Star.

Rockwell is a great actor but I couldn't stand watching all the way through that movie...I just wasn't patient enough at the time.

A one hander like that one requires focus. :blush:

Seriously, I thought Rockwell carried the film superbly considering that he had no-one to react to throughout the film. Except himself of course.I liked the movie as it wasn't a genre piece and was very much a throwback to earlier sci-fi flicks.

Did you like Streep's chops in Bridge Of Madison County? I thought she was pretty into it.

I admit I haven't seen that one, but (for my sins) I have seen virtually every film she was in during her 70s/80s prime.

(thumbs u

I admit I haven't seen that one, but (for my sins) I have seen virtually every film she was in during her 70s/80s prime.

See it. It's gut wrenching.

The wife and I saw IM2 last night - there were less than fifteen people in the theater. Armed with soda, popcorn, and a small pizza, I was eager to see the follow-up to what I consider a fantastic film. The verdict on IM2?

Disappointing.

This film appeared rushed, disorganized, and had nowhere near the quality of the first film. Scarlett J, while eye appealing, was simply flat and silly. I won't go into detail about the film for those still waiting to see it, and I would recommend waiting for DVD.

If you do go see it, stay until the end of the credits...