• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The review is in! IRON MAN II Is a STINKER!

332 posts in this topic

I read an interview featuring Robert Downey jr. in Mens Health , and He hinted at not liking the role of Tony Stark.

If that's the case, I'm turned off about going to see Iron Man 2.

Robert Downey, Jr. likes being famous and making money. I suspect he also wants to be respected as an actor and thinks doing these superhero popcorn flicks detracts from that. I was surprised he took the role in the first place and assumed he did it to prove himself as a bankable leading man in a blockbuster following all the drug problems he had a few years ago.

He's claimed in other interviews when the first Iron Man came out that he does like Tony Stark as a character. Maybe he changed his mind over time...maybe he never liked him, said he did to tow the marketing line, and figures he's done with the series and is now willing to let his real opinion be heard...and maybe he's just flaky and his opinion about his career and work varies with his mood. (shrug)

I think that He's undiagnosed Bipolar.

I like the artsy fartsy reviewers when they review artsy fartsy films, but when they start getting all snooty about the meat and potatoes of the movies, then I get turned off. They can just bugger off..... the.....the... snooty snoots.

I would like to remind everyone that I heard bad reviews on reputable sites on Dark Knight and Iron Man #1.

Glad I listened to them. :eyeroll:

I am sure IM 2 isn't going to be better than #1, but I see Iron Man and War Machine blowing up many things, what else do you want. :popcorn:

I am sure IM 2 isn't going to be better than #1, but I see Iron Man and War Machine blowing up many things, what else do you want. :popcorn:

A good movie. (shrug)

decent story ... reasonable dialogue ... character development ... why do people insist that they don't care if a superhero movie is any good, as long as stuff blows up?

decent story ... reasonable dialogue ... character development ... why do people insist that they don't care if a superhero movie is any good, as long as stuff blows up?

Because if you held the comics you love to that same standard, you'd never have ever enjoyed them in the first place...yet somehow...you did! Guess you were different then, eh? It's not that we don't WANT the movies to be better...it's that we're able to see past the flaws and enjoy what's decent in the less-stellar flicks. That is, unless they're just UNBELIEVABLY bad...The Spirit, for example.

A good movie. (shrug)

Iron Man #1's story wasn't anything special, it was the performance of RD Jr, and the special effects stole the show.

All of Iron Mans villains are corny and I expect the same in #2.

A good movie. (shrug)

See Fantastic Four's comment. :gossip:

That about sums it up quite nicely. (thumbs u

If above is everything you wanted in a good movie then how can you look me straight in the face and say Iron Man in a general did everything you wanted in any of the Iron Man comics ever.

Lets keep it real. Iron Man was a B Level superhero with C Level villains prior to.

A good movie. (shrug)

Iron Man #1's story wasn't anything special, it was the performance of RD Jr, and the special effects stole the show.

IM 3: IM vs. Cobra Commander- rated PG -13, movie length: 45 seconds.

A good movie. (shrug)

:whee:

A good movie. (shrug)

See Fantastic Four's comment. :gossip:

That about sums it up quite nicely. (thumbs u

If above is everything you wanted in a good movie then how can you look me straight in the face and say Iron Man in a general did everything you wanted in any of the Iron Man comics ever.

Lets keep it real. Iron Man was a B Level superhero with C Level villains prior to.

I can't look you straight in the face and say anything actually. lol

I'm not sure what you're asking, but it seems like you're talking about the merits of the Iron Man comics. If so ... I can tell you that Iron Man comics are terrible. Calling him B Level is doing him a favor. Which of course has nothing to do with how good the movie was. Iron Man 1 was a good fun movie, with enough decent story, etc. to keep me interested between explosions. And it holds up on repeat viewings.

So it sounds like we agree? :shrug:

To all the Iron Man fans out there, my sincere apologies! My favorite superhero is The Flash, and we all know how little love he gets. And I think it's safe to say that, if they ever do bother to make a Flash movie, it has great chances of being a stinker too. So no hard feelings, eh?

dudes...as I'm sure we could all agree, this isn't going to be 'good fellas' or 'apoc now', but AT LEAST we're living in the age when our comic book heroes, if you will, can be depicted on the silver screen with some degree of realistic interpretation.

I don't expect hollyweird to meet my expectations, but I'm glad we're beyond D-level actors in tights playing the roles.

ya dig? enjoy the time we're in. in 15 years, we'll look back at this technology in much the same way that we see our silver/bronze age books now.

'So take me to the airport

And put me on a plane

I got no expectations

To pass through here again'

A good movie. (shrug)

:roflmao:

This is funny on so many levels!

Geeze guys with all the AC DC in this movie it will be Thunderstruck and full of High Voltage completely unimeasurable to the charge it will inflict!

David

Davidking623

You know one of the major reasons I went to see the first Ironman movie was because they played the Ironman song by Black Sabbath in the trailer. it looked cool and peaked my interest that this superhero movie would be different.