• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The wait is over. There is a Werewolf by Night #32 CGC 9.8!

64 posts in this topic

Things died off for Moon Knight only because of the tv writers strike and then the buyout by Disney. I see a good future for Moon Knight if things that are being talked about get done in which the book should go up a bit again.

$4000 for a 9.8 is pretty good for a book when a bunch of people keep yapping about him and saying he is a suck character.

Since 2006 he has grown and popularity has risen. If there wasn't demand they wouldn't keep making new series for him and he has been steady since 2006 so people must be buying for Marvel to keep using him in his own series. Numbers did show in 2006 for #1 and #2 being in the top 10 selling book.

Moon Knigt 2006 series

Vengeance of the Moon Knight

Shadowland: Moon Knight (next 3 part series)

Secret Avengers and having him join a team was a huge step especially who he is teamed up with which tied into the 2006 series.

Then all the other books he pops up in that tie into his original series.

I would even go as far to say that he is no longer a 2nd tier character and now 1st tier.

I see good things in the future and if things work out that tv show may still even still come out. From my understanding the writer for it is still writing episodes. If that tv show does well or if the rumoured mini movie does well we could even have a full live action movie or at least an animated movie. I would prefer a live action movie just based off the fact that he doesn't have full out super powers and a regular stunt team could easily pull off the scenes needed along with the key bad guys depending on which storyline they use could easily be done.

Only disappointment I have had thus far is that they could have easily slipped him into a cartoon or something but havn't yet.

Never was a big fan of Moon Knight, but I did have a WBN #32 back in the day and wouldn't mind getting another one in high grade. I'd get that book for the Gil Kane cover alone.

At the time I left the hobby back in the early '80s, I thought MK was handled much better than Batman. Certainly the title was on my list of monthly must-reads, where as Batman wasn't.

Yet another 9.8 copy sold in the most recent CC auction for a little under 3k.

Will pick one up when they hit 2k.

My price is about $1500 to $1600.

Why?

That`s what an oz of gold usually averages. I don`t feel comfortable spending more on a post 1966 comic book than what a oz of gold costs.

My only two exemptions are

TMNT#1 and Walking Dead #1,and that`s only because they are now iconic and have miniscule print runs compared to the rest of post- 1966 comics.

Why?

That`s what an oz of gold usually averages. I don`t feel comfortable spending more on a post 1966 comic book than what a oz of gold costs.

TMNT#1 and Walking Dead #1,and that`s only because they are now iconic and have miniscule print runs compared to the rest of post- 1966 comics.

(thumbs u I like this logic

Why?

(thumbs u I like this logic

+1

when do you think it will hit 2k? It seems to be gaining momentum with Marvel's movie making prowess. Everyone is naturally predicting a MK movie eventually. BTW I was in a bidding war for that CC auction but my wifi went out with 1 min to go at 2800. I wanted that book but Im glad I failed after reading these posts. Anyone wanna sell me a WBN 9.8?

Also, how do I change the settings so I get an email every time someone responds to a post or to a string Im interested in?

Edited by brianchew