• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

San Antonio anyone ? June 18,19,20 ?? Texas Comicon ?

24 posts in this topic

It is high for old time comic collectors like me and you but the younger collectors (under 35 years old) will pay it.Look at Houston 's Comicpalooza they were charging $30 at the door for a 1 day admission and they did ok.

$30 for one day there was $20 too much. It was an epic disappointment. I'd have been better off just driving to Houston and going to Richard or Rober's store.

That's a pretty rough creator list for a 3 day show. Portacio is cool, McLeod is ok, besides that??? San Antonio never draws any big names, the should just move it to Austin where they could at least get Wrightson & Bradstreet.

I'll go on Sunday when the dealers are desperate (thumbs u .

That's a pretty rough creator list for a 3 day show. Portacio is cool, McLeod is ok, besides that??? San Antonio never draws any big names, the should just move it to Austin where they could at least get Wrightson & Bradstreet.

I'll go on Sunday when the dealers are desperate (thumbs u .

:roflmao:

Pricey attendance for a San Antonio show. Unless they're actively recruiting solid dealers I'd just as soon wait for the Eckman show in Live Oak. I'd guess that they'd have pretty similar dealers and Eckman's is just $3 admission I believe. I'm sure the Live Oak center is much cheaper than the San Antonio event center.

They'd probably be better off starting with a 1 day show with lower overhead for everyone involved. I think every multiple day show has tumbleweeds blowing through the aisles on the afternoon of the last day opening up the lowball offer mentality since dealers always could use a few more sales at the end. Still, if I was still in the area I'd probably hit it up for at least a day.

All that being said, it's nice to see others trying to amp up the area and get some new shows going. Texas has a history of struggling shows. Dallas seems to be the most solid beginning (as far as I know) with the Dallas Fantasy Fair and then Ben Stevens picking up the torch. Tim (planet superhero) tried in central Texas for a couple of years just around the death knell of Sally's Austin shows. jmv has had limited success as far as i know.

Any other Texas shows that could be up and coming with solid organizers?

Have you contacted the promoters about setting up? I am sure they would cut you a discount.

I have tried to contact them via email and phone. They have not responded to the email or returned my call as of yet. (shrug)

I'm still not sure about setting up, but am considering it. I'm trying to get more info from them.

Wow,your one of the biggest comic book dealers in the San Antonio area and they have not even responded.Thats not a good sign.

Richard Deck said he was not going to set up because he felt that and I quote "Rick has a pretty good feel about shows and if Rick is not setting up then I'll pass on it too".

Of course he lives in El Paso now.Which is about a 10 hour drive one way to San Antonio.

I still hope they have the show. It could be they are so busy promoting the show they have not had a chance to return your call or e - mail.

Have you contacted the promoters about setting up? I am sure they would cut you a discount.

I have tried to contact them via email and phone. They have not responded to the email or returned my call as of yet. (shrug)

I'm still not sure about setting up, but am considering it. I'm trying to get more info from them.

+1