• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Choke on this................ again

45 posts in this topic

Doc Savage # 8 is my all time favourite cover, Ken Barr is a top class artist, love his work.

With the exception of issue #1 (isnt that the artwork from the 1975movie poster??)

all those issues have jaw dropping cover art.

What about Rampaging Hulk and Vampire Tales? I don't see any in the pic, or are they in the other half of the collection?

Oh yeah, I've got complete runs of both. All the Marvel/Curtis mags are acquired with just a few exceptions.

edited to add: none of those sissy girl romance mags though.

Doc Savage # 8 is my all time favourite cover, Ken Barr is a top class artist, love his work.

With the exception of issue #1 (isnt that the artwork from the 1975movie poster??)

all those issues have jaw dropping cover art.

I think you are right on both points.

Did you see the collection that Neatstuff sold on ebay a few years back? It consisted of just about every marvel magazine you could think of, some were 5 to 10 deep, in high grade, i think it was sold to someone in Canada, i emailed the winner asking him if he would sell me some issues, but he said he was going to sit on them for a few years, wonder what happened to them. hm

I missed that sale. I really have dropped out of the collecting universe for the last 5 years or so. When I was buying raw back in the 2000 timeframe it seemed like my best condition issues came from Canada and I always kept an eye out for those canuck ebayers. One of my Vampi 1s was purchased from a seller in western Canada whilst the other one came from BedRock comics in Houston. I remember Mr Bedrock on the phone saying "wow that is a really nice issue". Cost me $400 dollars. Seems like the other one was roughly the same. The Vampi HC was somewhere north of a grand and came from a collector who focused on hardback comics.

That Vampire Tales Annual is one of my favorite mag covers bar none. I think even a comic book collector would want one (thumbs u

Sorry RedRaven, I don't have one, never seen it before in fact! Are you after a copy?

I am now. Like I said, I've got the bug again and that is one of the books I always wanted a super clean copy and never have acquired. I think it is a killer cover!