• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

One day ebay auctions for ASM #300-301 CGC 9.8!

21 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I need some fast cash for unexpected bills!! I just listed Amazing Spider-Man #300 and #301 CGC 9.8's on ebay with super low reserves......one day auctions! I know crazy but like I said I need some fast cash!!! I can't get to work with a broken car :sorry: Two of my favorite books....gotta sell them unless someone here wants to lend me $500 lol lol

http://cgi.ebay.com/Amazing-Spider-Man-300-CGC-9-8-White-pages-/300425719237?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45f2c4adc5

http://cgi.ebay.com/Amazing-Spider-Man-301-CGC-9-8-/300425721156?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45f2c4b544

I totally spaced it on the link doh! oops! Wow already have several watchers. Man, I really hate selling these two. I just bought both this year...this is going to put my registry set behind. I really am bummed :sorry: In a few more months when I get ahead of things again I will buy another copy of each. My twins just turned 9 on April 30th so I spent pretty much all my savings then, my anniversay is in June and my wifes B-day early July! Have to take a break on the comic spending. It sucks!!! :censored:

I know, I was desperate, I sold the #300 to the high bidder with one feedback. He paid fast I do have to say! #301 just isn't moving anymore.....I paid $375 a few months ago. There has been a couple on ebay forever for $500 plus. #308 and #301 are in the low 30's on the census for 9.8 with most all others double that and more.

What I don't get is there is another #300 CGC 9.8 up ending to night that is already past my reserve (shrug) Where do I go wrong in my listings?

1 day sale (shrug)

True. I've personally had experience with 3-day CGC auctions where most stuff didn't even come close to GPA. But I had to pay property taxes at the time and had to sacrifice them. :cry:

What I don't get is there is another #300 CGC 9.8 up ending to night that is already past my reserve (shrug) Where do I go wrong in my listings?

1 day sale (shrug)

Yeah, I know that. Needed cash fast. But last time I listed some comics ASM #238 and #194 CGC 9.8 I took big hits on both!!! Maybe I should just get 9.4's and 9.6's and be happy. At least I could afford more...........How do some of you guys do it?

1 day sale (shrug)

Yeah, I know that. Needed cash fast. But last time I listed some comics ASM #238 and #194 CGC 9.8 I took big hits on both!!! Maybe I should just get 9.4's and 9.6's and be happy. At least I could afford more...........How do some of you guys do it?

Selling drugs and pimping chicks does it for me. (thumbs u

:jokealert::grin:

It all depends on who sees the auctions. I think setting a reserve sometimes deters people too. Often times when I see a reserve on an item I don't even bother bidding figuring they have probably set it super high. I think people want to feel that they may have a chance to steal the item at a super good price. At least I feel that way.

It all depends on who sees the auctions. I think setting a reserve sometimes deters people too. Often times when I see a reserve on an item I don't even bother bidding figuring they have probably set it super high. I think people want to feel that they may have a chance to steal the item at a super good price. At least I feel that way.

I did set a reserve amount on that ASM Annual #7 CGC 9.8 I had listed here on the boards first (it's now on eBay) but the reserve amount is LESS than what the other 9.8 in existence sold for 2 years ago. I had no problem setting a reserve on that one. There's only one other 9.8 in existence and I'm not giving this one away. :sumo::)

(thumbs u

I usually do not set reserves but when I lost my #238 CGC 9.8 for $332 and my #194 CGC 9.8 for $330 and paid near $400 for each I was not up for doing that again! Maybe I just pay too much all the time.... hm Not even 2 weeks later a #194 CGC 9.8 went for $640!!! Go figure.....