• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I have a problem: I poly-bag everything!!!

25 posts in this topic

There was a guy who bought many multiple copies of hardcover books and bagged them. Not first editions or anything, no. Just the latest printing. Books like, oh, the Da Vinci Code. Had 100+ copies, all bagged.

They ended up at the Dollar Bookstore in Burbank. How tragic is that?

I love people who polybag the couch.

I remember going to my neighbors house back when I was in high school. His mother used to do this. We had to take our shoes off whenever we went into his house. She had one of those plastic runners leading from the front door to the kitchen. His father didn't like us playing on their lawn because he was obsessive about keeping it nice and green. God forbid kids should actually, you know, play on the lawn :screwy:

I find the idea of bagging slabs to be just nutty.

But, it is better in the long-term to keep them in the poly-bags (changing them, of course), or raw?.

Wouldn't it be cheaper to use Mylites and never have to change the bags ever again?

Yea, it would, this is the driving reason I bought mylar/mylite bags--that and never having to worry about going through the hassle of a swap in the first place. Polyethylene/polypropylene only lasts about a decade before it goes acidic, but mylar goes at least 100 years according to Library of Congress tests, possibly longer, they just didn't apply more heat than the equivalent of around 100 years in the tests I saw. Polybags are just gross...you can vividly SEE the urine-yellow-colored acidic buildup in them after 15 years or so. :sick: Polypropylene is a bit better than polyethylene, but they're both prone to acidic buildup after a decade.

I love people who polybag the couch.

My wife's grandmother -- going on 90 -- has the fitted plastic covers over all the upholstery. Her couches and chairs may be from the late 60s, but they are in 9.8 White condition. :grin: