• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Collecting comics doesn't make me feel QUITE as deviant anymore

37 posts in this topic

.....and ice cream scoops, dont forget the ice cream scoops. I saw a guy on TV once, really had an amazing collection. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

If memory serves, our own beloved Dr. Watson is a barbed wire collector.

You are correct and I have an autographed copy of The "Bobbed Wire" Bible autographed by author Jack Glover, plus a second copy I used as a reference guide. I have twenty pieces framed and hanging on my wall and another 60 to 70 pieces in a drawer waiting to be framed. The stuff is neat.

Why would you fell like a ''deviant'' for collecting comics in the first place? (shrug)

.....perhaps the feelings of deviancy spring from a deeper, far more profound reservoir :baiting: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

You are correct and I have an autographed copy of The "Bobbed Wire" Bible autographed by author Jack Glover, plus a second copy I used as a reference guide. I have twenty pieces framed and hanging on my wall and another 60 to 70 pieces in a drawer waiting to be framed. The stuff is neat.

Is there a standard length for collectible pieces or is it just whatever length you can get? Just curious.

There's even a museum dedicated soley to the history of barbed wire. In Texas I think...

If you told me there was a museum in Texas dedicated to guys who scream "YEEEEEE-HAAAAW" in the back up their pickup trucks while waving the Confederate flag and spitting chew, I'd believe that, too. :insane:

Racist!

Is there a standard length for collectible pieces or is it just whatever length you can get? Just curious.

Collector length barbed wire is eighteen inches.

Thanks.

There's even a museum dedicated soley to the history of barbed wire. In Texas I think...

If you told me there was a museum in Texas dedicated to guys who scream "YEEEEEE-HAAAAW" in the back up their pickup trucks while waving the Confederate flag and spitting chew, I'd believe that, too. :insane:

Racist!

Yea--I'm a self-hating white guy! :makepoint:

The thread is all in jest--I posted mostly because I'm interested in what people enjoy about it. What do you enjoy about owning or seeing it? Right now it just communicates "KEEP OUT" to me. (shrug) The last time I even thought about barbed wire was when I first started seeing people sporting the tattoos of them around their biceps. hm

So what is it that makes barbed wire appealling enough to shell out thousands of bucks for? Is it something about the aesthetics of the piece itself, or is it entirely the history behind different types of barbed wire? Barbed wire itself seems to have no aesthetic value to me other than historic, but do collectors of this stuff disagree and find it really attractive? (shrug)

I know a lot of Civil War buffs that will pay big money for stuff like that but shake thier heads when I told them that people payed $12,000 for a New Mutants 98 cgc 9.9. Some people value thier hobby more than ours and we have to look at it from thier perspective.

I collect comics and have a hard time wrapping my mind around that one.

So am I :devil:

Not all that desirable when you're also 1/8" thick and you cause people to scream upon contact... :eek:

Not all that desirable when you're also 1/8" thick and you cause people to scream upon contact... :eek:

So you speak from Experience I see...

Good to know I don't have your problem :devil:

Denial isn't going to make your problem go away. :gossip:

Denial isn't going to make your problem go away. :gossip:

how did yours go away?