• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cursed Pirate Girl

1,870 posts in this topic

I adore her hair, her face (especially her little smile), the bottom of her dress - my favorite parts of that sketch. :luhv:
I actually prefer her looking a few years older as she does in Ye Old Lore of Yore. Not for creepy reasons, but because so many brutal things happen to her, "eye" don't want to bring up once the violence shifts tones. I just can't see her continuing to be a plucky twelve year old after everything and #2 felt "comic booky" because of it, IMHO.

:gossip: a legitimate discussion on Cursed Pirate Girl.

I adore her hair, her face (especially her little smile), the bottom of her dress - my favorite parts of that sketch. :luhv:
I actually prefer her looking a few years older as she does in Ye Old Lore of Yore. Not for creepy reasons, but because so many brutal things happen to her, "eye" don't want to bring up once the violence shifts tones. I just can't see her continuing to be a plucky twelve year old after everything and #2 felt "comic booky" because of it, IMHO.

That's why I like this though - she looks so sweet. I think it's a bit different from her usual look.

I'm glad you clarified that it wasn't for a creepy reason though, since that's exactly where my mind immediately went. lol

(Just :baiting: you a bit, J.)

That's why I like this though - she looks so sweet. I think it's a bit different from her usual look.

I'm glad you clarified that it wasn't for a creepy reason though, since that's exactly where my mind immediately went. lol

It was my main complaint for the end of #1 and beginning of #2 on the boat. Sure, I read TWD and L & K and they have oodles of ultra violence around kids, but I actually was more shocked when it went from playfully childlike to matter of fact maiming, then shifted back to magical. The L & K & TWD books benefitted from an established constant tone of anything goes. This one kind of crashed to Earth with the realization little kids can get hurt or even dead. The trip underwater right after just made me feel like I might have to be high reading this, lol. Luckily, the tone of #3 made everything better as we were back to what the beginning of #1's tone was. It seems like a lot for a little kid, IMHO.

Couldn't agree with both you guys more. Hence, the reason I attained a unique sketch of her without an eye patch and a sweet face while wearing an Admiral's regalia. That uniform does not come without payment of dues. Hear crazy things are coming in the next books.

It was really saddening at the end of #3 in her discouragement over her father.

CPGcommission.jpg

Edited by FIREFLY

It was my main complaint for the end of #1 and beginning of #2 on the boat. Sure, I read TWD and L & K and they have oodles of ultra violence around kids, but I actually was more shocked when it went from playfully childlike to matter of fact maiming, then shifted back to magical. The L & K & TWD books benefitted from an established constant tone of anything goes. This one kind of crashed to Earth with the realization little kids can get hurt or even dead. The trip underwater right after just made me feel like I might have to be high reading this, lol. Luckily, the tone of #3 made everything better as we were back to what the beginning of #1's tone was. It seems like a lot for a little kid, IMHO.

I see what you're saying. I've thought about this some too. It would be a lot for any "normal" kid. She's more than normal though (as is the world she inhabits) - she takes everything in stride the way not even most adults would do. I guess I just accept that as part of the fantasy. Also, I *may* have been high when I read it. I can't remember. lol

I see what you're saying. I've thought about this some too. It would be a lot for any "normal" kid. She's more than normal though (as is the world she inhabits) - she takes everything in stride the way not even most adults would do. I guess I just accept that as part of the fantasy. Also, I *may* have been high when I read it. I can't remember. lol

:roflmao: