• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's new in your Silver Age collection this week
43 43

9,494 posts in this topic

More Nick Cardy and a great one to add to my collection.

Doesnt get enough respect I think

teentitans1cgc65.jpg

Really nice book. Cardy is one of my all-time favorite artists. I have some DC's Legends of Daniel Boone for one reason: Nick Cardy. And I loved his work on Aquaman. A Giant of the medium.

SLR

Just got this beauty in today...the search finally ended...

Same here, I just picked up a 7.0 slab at the right price and cracked it to fill the remaining hole in my (raw) ST mini-run (well, I'm still missing the 110).

Cool book. (thumbs u

That's a great 7.0 copy. Very clean. Here's my copy that I bought abouty 25 years ago and recently had slabbed. If memory serves me correctly, I believe, Steve you were there when I bought it:

StrangeTales114.jpg

PS--Signed by Jack Kirby on the 10th page!

If memory serves me correctly, I believe, Steve you were there when I bought it.

I honestly can't recall - you (and Erik R.) always have had a great eye for books, I do recall that.

Very pretty 8.5 copy.

Oh wow, that 8.5 is a gorgeous copy! And signed by Kirby, I'm jealous. I'm still looking for a blue label with the notation of a Kirby sig. Hopefully I'll find one eventually.

It's kind of funny. I owned the book for more than a generation. Finally I decided to submit it to CGC. Thinking it would be wise to read the book since I had never read it I then noticed the Kirby signature in the bottom margin of Page 10. I mean that was a surprise. I was sure to add this info on the submission form though I knew the graders do count the pages. But it's the White Pages that i was really happy about. If memory serves me correctly here the dealer called it a VF.

SLR

PS--Good luck in your quest. I'll try to remember if I come across a Kirby signed book.