• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's new in your Silver Age collection this week
43 43

9,507 posts in this topic

Had some good luck today! I was going through a $5 bin of books and found this little gem. This is is Neal Adams first published work drawn when he was 17 years old....

Direct Quote from Neal Adams. Source: http://www.webcitation.org/5lJycKN5e

"Adventures of the Fly #4 was my first work, and that panel was printed in a comic book. It probably is one of the greatest collector's items you could get of mine."

Mr Adams 1st published work.....

getfile_zpsaf2577ca.jpg

2013-05-04_16-09-38_527_zps82593208.jpg

I already posted this in the 10 cent thread, but I just have to post it a second time, because I'm really happy to have purchased this. Sorry!!!!

I bought this yesterday from a friend. It's a not to bad looking copy, except that it is slightly water damaged in the upper right-hand corner.

showcase13_zpse3b90015.jpg

upgraded a spidey last night, thanks to a boardie.

asm17.jpg

That is a stunning copy. I saw the sales thread a little too late as I would have considered getting this copy myself. Congrats, great pickup.

I already posted this in the 10 cent thread, but I just have to post it a second time, because I'm really happy to have purchased this. Sorry!!!!

I bought this yesterday from a friend. It's a not to bad looking copy, except that it is slightly water damaged in the upper right-hand corner.

showcase13_zpse3b90015.jpg

Great cover colors on this copy. Nice pickup.

Trickling in...

Erndog is a ^^

I have a Subby (8.0), but love that ASM #100 and #20 (want both someday). I also have a SS #3 (6.5), but will need an upgrade someday. The GL and Superboy are wins as well!! Great books buddy!

Trickling in...

Erndog is a ^^

I have a Subby (8.0), but love that ASM #100 and #20 (want both someday). I also have a SS #3 (6.5), but will need an upgrade someday. The GL and Superboy are wins as well!! Great books buddy!

Thanks dude!

The only one I would normally want an upgrade on is the ASM #20 but it's actually quite nice for a 5.0 and has good PQ so I'm just going to put it in the "keep" pile. Why waste a few hundred bucks when this one looks pretty sharp anyways!