• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

'Iron Man 2' Continues To Stick It To Terrence Howard

35 posts in this topic

linky lol:roflmao:

Wow. This movie theater is a jerk. A really big jerk. And "Iron Man 2," you're not helping matters. You can home and sleep on your giant pile of money. Meanwhile, Terrence Howard's just gonna go home drown his sorrows in his VHS of "Mr. Holland's Opus." (via The High Definite)

IRON-MAN-TERRENCE.jpg

I've only seen three or four movies with Terrence Howard in them, including IM, and he doesn't impress me as an actor, though he sure stays busy, so somebody must like him. Based on the reports that he was the highest paid actor on the first movie, he's lucky to have grabbed the paycheck he did.

Since I don`t follow comic book movie news like a breathless `tween girl, what`s the story here? I take it Terrence Howard isn`t in Iron Man 2? How come? Did he demand too much money?

Since I don`t follow comic book movie news like a breathless `tween girl, what`s the story here? I take it Terrence Howard isn`t in Iron Man 2? How come? Did he demand too much money?

Most likely because Cheadle is a rising star and was perceived to have greater box office draw. Basically, Howard was stiffed in classic Hollywood fashion....in the immortal words of Frank Sinatra, "I'm finished with you now, your money's on the dresser." GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Howard was the first actor cast for the first Iron Man. After Casting everyone else, he was making the most money. When they were doing the casting for part 2, he said that he would not take a pay cut and wanted just as much money for the first film. This was more money than RDJ, so they got Don Cheadle to take his place.Good call. I think he was a better Rhodey.

For Halloween you should be a middle class person. Maybe a comic geek.

:makepoint:

Go see the movie, it's lots of fun and it's pretty much ok for the kids too.

(thumbs u

I love comic books and unlike so many others here, am comfortable in my geek-ness. I don`t need Hollywood or the moviegoing public to validate something I`ve been collecting for over 25 years.

Howard was the first actor cast for the first Iron Man. After Casting everyone else, he was making the most money. When they were doing the casting for part 2, he said that he would not take a pay cut and wanted just as much money for the first film. This was more money than RDJ, so they got Don Cheadle to take his place.Good call. I think he was a better Rhodey.

Thanks for the explanation! (thumbs u I like Don Cheadle too!

I love comic books and unlike so many others here, am comfortable in my geek-ness. I don`t need Hollywood or the moviegoing public to validate something I`ve been collecting for over 25 years.

Yes, but would you brag about in on the golf course in front of CEO's?

Inquiring minds want to know.

:popcorn:

No, of course not. Like I say, I`m comfortable in my comic geek-ness and have no problem compartmentalizing it from other parts of my life. I don`t feel the need to brag about comics in front of CEOs, and therefore don`t need comics to become universally accepted through movie box office success so that it`d be socially acceptable for me to do so.

No, of course not. Like I say, I`m comfortable in my comic geek-ness and have no problem compartmentalizing it from other parts of my life. I don`t feel the need to brag about comics in front of CEOs, and therefore don`t need comics to become universally accepted through movie box office success so that it`d be socially acceptable for me to do so.

I wouldn't say that you should feel the need to brag, but I'm proud of my love for comics. I definitely don't need to compartmentalize it away and would rather wear it on my sleeve as I do with most of my other loves (my kids, my 80's childhood, my love for basketball, etc).

I wouldn't say that you should feel the need to brag, but I'm proud of my love for comics. I definitely don't need to compartmentalize it away and would rather wear it on my sleeve as I do with most of my other loves (my kids, my 80's childhood, my love for basketball, etc).

I'm with you Roy, and love to tell any and everyone about my love of comic books.My friends and family think I'm a geek,but wish they had the same passion for something like I do for comics.

I definitely don't need to compartmentalize it away and would rather wear it on my sleeve as I do with most of my other loves (my kids, my 80's childhood, my love for basketball, etc).

So if you weren't dating Lou and were on the market again, you'd advertise your geekiness to women you're interested in? :popcorn: If so...MISTAKE! :baiting: Better to wait until they accept you for who you are before you turn them off with our rather nerdy hobby...yea, it certainly does mean someone is a bit shallow if they reject you just because you collect comics, but that's how dating goes, you're trying to wade through a kajillion people to find someone you match with, and sometimes, you filter people out you really shouldn't have for the wrong reasons. Happens to everyone, geeky or not.

Same in business--it's risky to share the geekiness until your peers know you better. As my girlfriend tells me--it's fine to have a geek flag, but that doesn't mean you have to fly it high above your head with everyone you meet. :insane: