• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OMGFG!

21 posts in this topic

I've been working off of the assumption that it's a scam until proven otherwise. I emailed them asking about the new ID, but I don't expect a reply as there's NO reason for them not to use their existing jp-themint ID.

I've been working off of the assumption that it's a scam until proven otherwise. I emailed them asking about the new ID, but I don't expect a reply as there's NO reason for them not to use their existing jp-themint ID.

i was thinking the exact same thing. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

They hardly ever answered emails under the jp-themint ID...

It looked like scam city to me too, but it seems like a bunch of well established and reputable bidders (mamanook, bullet123, silveracre) are bidding on this book. They're not newbies, you'd think they'd note the weird new JP ID and the 0 feedback and check first before throwing tens of grands at this auction. And scammers don't usually set up an eBay store too. Frankly, I don't know what to make of this.

Has anyone figured out whether it's really JP under the new eBay name, and if it is, why he's using the new name? I just noticed that whoever "jaypthemint" is, they've been very active bidders on eBay lately, being either high bidder or one of the top bidders on a bunch of nice listings.

Maybe he's got a new employee now that uses the new account? confused-smiley-013.gif It looks like both the old JP account and the new one are active as of February 2004.

Looks like he left a negative for someone a few days ago on a $16 catalog, and they gave his jp-themint account its first negative the same day. Sounds like an odd thing to do when you typically buy and sell items in the $5K on up range...

Is the same person allowed to have multiple accounts on eBay?

Yes... I have two accounts myself. One for buying and selling comics and another for buying things for my fiance (She doesn't know about this one so she can't accidentaly see what I get her grin.gif )

Seems strange that a company like JP would do it though. Just look what two accounts has done here... Everyone is hesitant to bid on the new Id's stuff. Doesn't seem like a smart move. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I find it weird that on his regular account he's selling the 9.4 ASM #3, yet he's selling all those other books on this new account, including a 9.6 ASM #1!

Why would he sell the ASM #3 on one account and the ASM #1 on another one? Makes no sense, but then again JP seems to be eccentric...to say the least.

Timely