• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THREAD CLOSED- SOLD!!

20 posts in this topic

That home to stay is one of my favorite EC storys!

Really cool, and a nice price. Im tempted but I dont need it...... what to do??

What to do?

Not hand colored by Wood, to my knowledge.

Stop asking questions and make me an offer already folks... :baiting:

How many pages and stories in the book? :shy:

So I was tempted by this but I didn't understand what was being sold. You said there were original published pages done by Wood. But they line work is a stat and the color painting beneath was done by someone else. What did Wood do with regard to these pages? I'm cornfused.

Look. I know it's sold and you don't HAVE to answer anything else. I was just curious if Wally Wood's hand ever touched these pages: art, color, anything?

Look. I know it's sold and you don't HAVE to answer anything else. I was just curious if Wally Wood's hand ever touched these pages: art, color, anything?

I'll reply...

They are color separation stats from a book called The Ray Bradbury Chronicles, published about a decade ago, that collects reprints of Ray Bradbury adapted comic stories. The original art for this particular story was done by Wally Wood in the '50s. The Bradbury Chronicles was published many years after Wood's death. The recoloring was done many years after Wood's death as well. So technically even though Wood did the original artwork he had nothing to do with these particular pages.

Thanks Richard. Figured there had to be something weird with them being so cheap. I'm pretty clueless about OA, so I couldn't really tell what was being offered here. It wasn't clear at all from the listing.