• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Ghost Rider #1

23 posts in this topic

I'm calling it a 9.2 (thumbs u

I must be missing something as I think it is better than a 9.2 ?

It looks at least 9.4, maybe 9.6. The one thing you can't ascertain from a scan is the page quality and freshness of the book. If it has these qualities I say 9.6.

Nice book, good luck with the grade.

I'm calling it a 9.2 (thumbs u

I must be missing something as I think it is better than a 9.2 ?

It looks at least 9.4, maybe 9.6. The one thing you can't ascertain from a scan is the page quality and freshness of the book. If it has these qualities I say 9.6.

Nice book, good luck with the grade.

we will see, i hope I'm wrong and you're right..hell, i hope were both wrong and its a 9.8 (thumbs u

Ditto, at least a 9.6 given the scan. I only see a couple of tiny flaws on the corner/spine/edges. If there is really nothing else wrong with it, 9.8 isn't wrong to expect. I've got about 2000 new comics that have flaws like that, or less. That's a beautiful book, congrats.

I've been away from collecting for many years, but it seems that there is a tendency or motive to push down all grades. I'm used to the Overstreet grading, before the number system existed. There wasn't much difference between a NM and a Mint. I don't mind the extra grades above VFNM-NM, but it has negatively affected all grades below those new levels. A 9.0/9.2 used to be the standard, the goal. Now that stuff is frowned on by some, and the books in the VFNM range are being called VF's, the new 8.0 stuff. I don't appreciate the changes, which started in the early 90's. Regards,

back right top corner...is that a chip missing?

no,just a slight "bend"..the scanner really makes it look worst...

and it will get pressed out...everthing else with that top corner,front/back is production related.

So it was you who beat me out on that book.

is this you?

e***l( 399)

if so..yes.

Actually just checked and my snipe bid didn't even go through. Nice book and will go with 9.2.