• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do you ever get the feeling...

74 posts in this topic

that your posts are invisible?

Like you write up a detailed, cogent commentary on some topic of interest.. and suddenly, the posters scatter or the thread stops dead in its tracks. No accolades, no debates, just an utter halt of activity.

I don't know if it's just me, but I seem to get that feeling a lot around here. :tonofbricks:

I'm changing my avatar and title to the invisible poster.

Like you write up a detailed, cogent commentary on some topic of interest.. and suddenly, the posters scatter or the post stops dead in its tracks. No accolades, no debates, just an utter halt of activity.

I don't know if it's just me, but I seem to get that feeling a lot around here. :tonofbricks:

I'm changing my avatar to the invisible poster.

YES

Yes, yes. We would have also accepted "Did anyone else hear something? Sort of like a faint whining noise?"

Like you write up a detailed, cogent commentary on some topic of interest.. and suddenly, the posters scatter or the thread stops dead in its tracks. No accolades, no debates, just an utter halt of activity.

Whats your point?

Whats your point?

I have none. Isn't that the ticket to poster notoriety? (shrug)

No.

Whats your point?

I have none. Isn't that the ticket to poster notoriety? (shrug)

No.

Like you write up a detailed, cogent commentary on some topic of interest.. and suddenly, the posters scatter or the post stops dead in its tracks. No accolades, no debates, just an utter halt of activity.

This is my honest opinion on what I refer to as "threadkiller syndrome." I think everyone goes through it a little bit. It seems to happen after everyone has drifted away or if it was a hot topic in the morning/afternoon and you are posting on it the next morning/afternoon. And it happens more when you don't know a lot of people on the Boards. I have found that in the last two or three years I kill a lot less threads because someone that knows me will post after me to mock me or tell me to f-off, whereas it would have been a threadkiller otherwise.

I know what you mean. Yes, I have experienced the invisible feeling. Not all the time but sometimes. I am sure it's just paranoia, fear of not being with the 'In' crowd, not part of the clique, etc. I'm sure my post will be the last of this thread !

No.

Roy, if anything, you are the perfect example of just the opposite. You are like the pop star of the boards and under the microscope. Borock and Greggy also come to mind. They post, people listen.

This is my honest opinion on what I refer to as "threadkiller syndrome." I think everyone goes through it a little bit. It seems to happen after everyone has drifted away or if it was a hot topic in the morning/afternoon and you are posting on it the next morning/afternoon. And it happens more when you don't know a lot of people on the Boards. I have found that in the last two or three years I kill a lot less threads because someone that knows me will post after me to mock me or tell me to f-off, whereas it would have been a threadkiller otherwise.

f-off

I believe it's just a case of ADD. Plain and simple. (shrug)

No.

Roy, if anything, you are the perfect example of just the opposite. You are like the pop star of the boards and under the microscope. Borock and Greggy also come to mind. They post, people listen.

If Roy were a pop star he would be Tiffany or maybe the goofy looking New Kid.

Thanks, Sean.

Sort of what I was thinking, but nice to hear a made man corroborate it. (worship)

As an aside, I hereby announce I will not revoke the invisible poster change, unless a mod proves me wrong and utilizes a quote from my original post (all carefully worded in a self depreciating manner of course) to give me a custom title. :sumo:

Thought so. :sorry: