• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Procrustean's Canadian tirade on Ebay

34 posts in this topic

All of 'procrustean's' recent listings (search by seller) end with the following:

"international shipping $16.00 except to Canada which has quike frankly pissed me off lately by their anti-American rhetoric"

Although this may not exactly be Comic Board fodder, I believe he is a fairly regular poster on this Board - As a Canadian I remember shortly after the 11th when my local fire Department rushed lock stock and barrel to New York; every window in the small Canadian town I live in flew American flags, and my local Bank had donation boxes at every teller for the NY victims' families.

I have placed Procrustean on my 'blocked bidder' list, and I urge every Canadian who reads this Board to do the same. Who is this guy?

What happened to Canada since the Americas were discovered, anyway? The US became a cultural and power base that rivals the Golden Ages of Greece and Rome, yet Canada ends up as this nation of beer drinkers who would probably have trouble fighting off Holland if they ever tried to invade.

Are you guys just underachievers, or did France ship all their criminals to your country like Britain did with Australia? tongue.gif

Canada has an open door immigration policy. We welcome ALL hoodlums & do not discriminate as to which country they came from. We r patriotic & proud to swill kegs of Canadian beer during the hockey intermission. Homer Simpson will be on the Cdn flag next as Matt Groenig is a proud Cdn.

Too bad the golden age of Rome imploded upon itself. Hope the cgc mkt in USA does not do likewise.

Although this may not exactly be Comic Board fodder

Well, I can make it a trifle so with a question. I have only been to Canada once - Upper Gagetown - with an old girlfriend - and I am talking about 1970 here. Was a farm and was fun.

But anyway, I have been thinking of Canada as an inexpensive (relatively speaking) place to go on a week's vacation in the middle of next year. With that in mind, and keeping Canada as wide open as possible to where I can go, what would you folks recommend as a place to vacation in where I could also find some good comic stores for my pre-code horror collection?

My thanks.

Boy, you have become pretty snippy since you came "out" with your BJ star policy! Now, doesn't it just feel so much better when you speak your mind? Regardless of whatever comes out! mad.gif

Toronto is the only place you'll find any decent comic stores(or strip clubs, right Greggy?), just don't go to 1,000,000 comix.