• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers #1 Sketch Covers (I Am An Avenger) Megathread

3,331 posts in this topic

Here is something I had recently commissioned from Michael Golden...

I call it: "Dr. Strange Summoning The Micronauts"

I thought since Golden is greatly known for his Dr. Strange and Micronauts work, why not get them together somehow. The hardest part was getting them all together full size while still portraying the differences in size between the tiny Micronauts and the Dr. I must say Golden pulled this off magnificently!

Enjoy

GoldenDrStrangeSummoningMicronautsSketchWizWorld2011.jpg

Thanks, and yes he does take his time... He worked on it for about half of the Wizard World Toronto show and took it away to finish the inking the following week in time to hand it CGC at MegaCon.

But, as is evident by the finished piece, you can't rush a great artist.

Thank you again Michael and Renee for making this happen!

Here is something I had recently commissioned from Michael Golden...

I call it: "Dr. Strange Summoning The Micronauts"

I thought since Golden is greatly known for his Dr. Strange and Micronauts work, why not get them together somehow. The hardest part was getting them all together full size while still portraying the differences in size between the tiny Micronauts and the Dr. I must say Golden pulled this off magnificently!

Enjoy

GoldenDrStrangeSummoningMicronautsSketchWizWorld2011.jpg

I give this sketch the Marvelfangirl stamp of approval (thumbs u

I have to say this as a prime example of why there has to be a separate category for illustrated sketch covers. Theres no way this is a sketch.

Mike never cuts corners,something i was fortunate enough to learn when i worked under him at Marvel.

Fair enough, I guess I'd have to agree with you on this point. This was originally supposed to be a one day sketch piece that took a bit longer. Here is a shot of the book the way it looked when I last saw it in person when the show closed Sunday night... The sketch part was done just the inking needed to be finished as a take-away.

GoldenSketchInProgress032011.jpg

There's a Cap blank coming!

CAPTAIN AMERICA #1

Written by ED BRUBAKER

Pencils & Cover by STEVE MCNIVEN

Cover by STEVE MCNIVEN

Variant Cover by OLIVIER COIPEL

Variant Cover by NEAL ADAMS

Variant Cover by TBA

Movie variant available

Blank cover also available

Rated T+ ...$3.99