• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers #1 Sketch Covers (I Am An Avenger) Megathread

3,331 posts in this topic

I clicked on the others, too. Very, very nice, though I can't read the artist's name (I imagine the poster is the artist). :applause:

Mr. Layton doesn't have a bad attitude. I have met him 3 or 4 times and He is generally in a good mood and more than willing to sign comics, sell art, and do commissions. One time he even did an iron man sketch card for my sketch card collection for free. He didn't even personalize it on the basis that I would not sell it.

Oh ok let me rephrase that then. He had a pi$$ poor attitude when I met him

Mr. Layton doesn't have a bad attitude. I have met him 3 or 4 times and He is generally in a good mood and more than willing to sign comics, sell art, and do commissions. One time he even did an iron man sketch card for my sketch card collection for free. He didn't even personalize it on the basis that I would not sell it.

When did you meet him?

When did you meet him?

I met him at the last NYCC.

Im not saying hes a bad guy for all I know hes a great guy. Im saying it was a rough first meet.

I'm sorry to hear about your ice breaking with Mr. Layton. I've met him more times that I can remember and he's always been a class act.

At NYCC '10 Mr. Layton and I joked around for a good 5-10 minutes about the picture he had of himself with Robert Downey Jr.

Bob_Layton_Downey.jpg

He's a cool dude in my books (thumbs u

When did you meet him?

Im not saying hes a bad guy for all I know hes a great guy. Im saying it was a rough first meet.

Everybody has bad days. I had a horrible first meeting with Rich Buckler. Everyone says he is awesome. He was not awesome to me. I haven't gotten anything else done by him since, and he was one of my favorite Bronze artists. I am looking forward to getting to talk to him again and start over.

When did you meet him?

Everybody has bad days. I had a horrible first meeting with Rich Buckler. Everyone says he is awesome. He was not awesome to me. I haven't gotten anything else done by him since, and he was one of my favorite Bronze artists. I am looking forward to getting to talk to him again and start over.

Yea he was definitely having one it seemed. Or maybe (as LBJARM might say) I just wasnt good looking enough for him.

WTTB Jun. For those of you too lazy to click on the link, here's the amazing sketch he wanted to share with us:

thorsketchhtolibao.jpg

Are you sure that artist is special enough? Will that be cherished?

Although it's a good sketch, I doubt a SS Opp will happen since he lives in the Philippines.

WTTB Jun. For those of you too lazy to click on the link, here's the amazing sketch he wanted to share with us:

thorsketchhtolibao.jpg

Are you sure that artist is special enough? Will that be cherished?

Although it's a good sketch, I doubt a SS Opp will happen since he lives in the Philippines.

How would that make any difference? If it is a mail-in for the artist, how is it any difference if it is coming from the Philippines or Parsippany, New Jersey? You should put your typing on a time delay to make sure you think things through a little bit. (thumbs u