• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is "Unmolested" the new term for non-manipulation?

49 posts in this topic

Dammit. I just realized we got suckered into another pressing thread.

I bet this one will be the one that changes everything.

Oh, you could be right, Mike. hm

hm

hm

hm

:wishluck:

How about non-disclosure dealers hands free?

How about calling it what it really is. A selling tool.

(thumbs u

Yep, It's used in an attempt to lure in the pressers and the anti-pressers.

Dammit. I just realized we got suckered into another pressing thread. ---> :insane:

So with a thread title like 'Is "Unmolested" the new term for non-manipulation?', you had no clue where it would end up? meh

Would it be better if I threw that graemlin in there?

:eyeroll:

Actually, if a book hasn't been pressed, what about 'unrestored'? hm

Nope, bad idea. A vast majority of pressers do not consider pressing a book as restored, so a term like this would still be used by them, which still makes it unclear. I personally think "Not Manipulated" is a term that would include pressing, and restoration. You can argue pressing is not restoration, but I think it is harder to argue that it is not some sort of manipulation.

Actually, if a book hasn't been pressed, what about 'unrestored'? hm

Nope, bad idea. A vast majority of pressers do not consider pressing a book as restored, so a term like this would still be used by them, which still makes it unclear. I personally think "Not Manipulated" is a term that would include pressing, and restoration. You can argue pressing is not restoration, but I think it is harder to argue that it is not some sort of manipulation.

I have a feeling Nick may have been deliberately obtuse, there. :whistle:

Okay, pressing is bad too... Then how about when I unbend a crease or dent with two fingers, is that amateur manipulation instead of professional?

I think there are two kinds of manipulation; the kind that hurts sellers by hurting value, and the kind which helps sellers by increasing value. That is the way it will always be, unfortunately. Regards,

This thread better watch it...Chris Hansen is right around the corner...

A hard-hitting expose is JUST what we need to finally bring these dirty, perverted comic book-molesting cockaroaches out of the shadows and into the light. :sumo:

This thread better watch it...Chris Hansen is right around the corner...

chris-hansen-2.jpg

lol

So Matt, Joey and Brent go to this seller's house after they see an ad for a high grade, OO collection going for guide...

Guess we'll all have to come out of the closet and admit to fondling our comics. Or slabs, anyway. :blush:

GUILTY! :hi::blush:

See those slabs in my sig line? Every single one of them has been fondled and molested by me. Repeatedly. :shy::acclaim: